Too much processing?

I’m about to ask a video question here and it should be known I’m more of an “audio” guy, so here it goes. I just bought a new Sony Bravia TV (x93L) which says it’s capable of “up converting” (my words) a 1080p signal to something “better” for 4K. I will say the BluRay discs I’ve tried - about 2 now - look real good. I have an old (2014) OPPO BP 103 that I have always used for BluRays. It apparently has some video processor built in. Last year I bought a Marantz AV7706. It too has some sort of video processor built it. Now I have this Sony TV and its processor. For simplicity I have all the HDMI’s going to the Marantz where I control the sources and one HDMI to the TV. My question is, is it “bad” to have the video signal essentially processed 3 times (OPPO, Marantz, then TV)? I could try going directly from video source to TV but would now be fumbling with 2 remotes and then the audio going through another layer back to the Marantz from TV. I guess I’m curious if there are issues/concerns with a video signal effectively going through 3 different components’ video processors - if that’s truly what’s happening.

whiterockman

I guess I could just try the HDMI direct to TV to see if there’s even a difference. The issue then is the audio portion - like if I listen to music from the OPPO - has to go to the TV first, then the preamp.

Why?  Can’t you just run another digital out or analog out from the Oppo direct into the Marantz for audio?

So the OPPO has two HDMI outputs. It’s a little weird but only one HDMI output passes a DSD signal. I guess I could run two HDMI cables, one to the Marantz for “music” and the other to the TV for “video” (I know both will pass A and V). I guess my original question was just more about whether it’s good (or bad) to have the video signal “processed” 3x vs 2x…