Oppo 103 digital processing

Can someone explain the two HDMI input features on the new oppo 103? From reviews and comments it sounds as though ANY sound source, such as a cable HD broadcast could be processed by oppo features for a better experience........or am I way off base.
128x128brianpack
Sorry for the uninitiated question -

Would there be a significant enhancement to my video quality if I hooked the HDMI output from my Motorola/Comcast HD cable box to the HDMI input on the Oppo 103, then ran the 103's output to my display - passing my Cable viewing through the 103?
just got the Oppo 103 as well and looking at the same question, from what I gather oppo suggests for better video/audio to plug HDMI 1 into TV HDMI for video, and HDMI 2 to the receiver(BD)HDMI for audio, I also use the FR/FL interconnects of the Oppo 103 to the analog stereo audio on reciever or amp for analog stereo music.
Will probably call Oppo tech to make sure I got it right first
If the Oppo would does decoding and HDMI input switching, it would be intersting if someone build a Multi channel HDMI DAC with volume control. You could run your HD receiver, possibly a gaming device into the Oppo, and the Oppo into the DAC. No need for a SSP anymore.
@Tesseract86

Nope:

From the official Oppo website:
Dual HDMI Inputs – Connect external devices such as set-top boxes and network streaming devices to take further advantage of the excellent audio and video processing functions by the BDP-103. The BDP-103 offers two HDMI inputs, one on the front and one on the back.
"No need for a SSP anymore. "

It would need to have room correction and bass management, as well. In which case, it would be an SSP with an additional built in transport.

I guess another question is: why doesn't Oppo build SSPs?
Doggiehowser, I see those, thought the OP was talking about the the two HDMI out on the back panel my mistake.
thanks
It's a minor inconveance but you can't set the rear HDMI input as the default... So for now I'm the only one who mows how to work the TV. But it's a great unit!