Thinking about selling my Vincent 737

Hello! I'm still sort of a noob when it comes to the audiophile stuff, so be gentle!

So, ive had my Vincent sv737 for a couple years now, and make no mistake, i love the thing-- albeit without a lot of a/b reference points. But i think i might be ready to try something new. I love the soundstage and 3d depth of tube sound, but also like tight bass and detail. My question is: if i sold this guy, what would be my best bet? I have a gustard x26pro dac, a zen ifi streamer, and some klipsch rf8000 f speakers.

Was thinking a tube pre amp and a separate solid state power amp or mono blocks?

*Having the dac and streamer is a part of why im considering the sell. Im not using the built-in ones in the 737. Maybe i can get more bang for my buck?

Thanks!

mobrien1

I agree with Russ above. Your integrated is fairly powerful and really well reviewed. I would look at speakers 1st then look at a new amp later if you still feel the need to do so. 

I am also in the camp to keep the Vincent. They are great integrated amplifiers, I have owned one. You already have an external DAC. You have already spent less on the Vincent internal DAC than you would lose selling it for another amplifier.  There are many speaker upgrades that your amp would support.

Most amps quoted are no better than the Vincent, many are far inferior. I have the pre power version and it will last you a few upgrades yet. My experience is it does not match well with any high efficiency speakers I have tried (that's a lot) certainly not with Klipsch. This amp will drive far better speakers. 

Your weak point is your loudspeakers. The Klipsch RF8000s are OK but you can do better. I’d keep the Vincent, it’s a nice unit. Start shopping for something that sounds good to you. Upgrading your electronics won’t get you much for your money.

^^^this.

I would not dump that Vincent til the rest of the system catches up, and even then be really certain before you let it go. You could always roll some different tubes to vary the sound a bit. Danny Richie from GR Research might have some mods for your Klipsch. Or you might consider upgrading the crossover parts if you don’t want to to change speakers completely.

Any thoughts on what you specifically want to be different in your system?

Thanks for all the responses! Y'all convinced me to shift my thinking around. Ya think i would be better suited to sell the gustard dac and zen streamer to fund the new loudspeakers? Or should i keep the stuff i got? I remember the vincent wifi to be kind of a pain in the rear. As for the dac, i might be fooling myself into thinking theres a huge difference.

Also, what kind of speakers would you recommend that would work swimmingly with the vincent?