Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

jameswei

Welcome! Good to see you here. There are many who match Pass Labs and Thiel Audio with excellent results. I do believe that you are the first contributor whom owns a pair of X600 power amps. I can only imagine the authority and control.  What other gear including cabling rounds out your system?

Happy Listening!

harrylavo

Good to see you. Hope you are well and enjoying the Summer season.

Happy Listening!

My system consists of pretty old stuff. I quit upgrading when I couldn’t hear much difference anymore. Initially, I could learn to hear better so I could eventually hear improvements that I did not perceive before. But eventually, I reached the limit of what I am able to learn, so I stopped upgrading.

The music room system has a turntable, a sacd player, a tuner, and a cassette player. The TT has a Koetsu Rosewood Signature mated with a Graham Phantom (original) custom mounted on a VPI TNT HRX (the older HRX which normally came with a JMW arm). The disc player is a Sony SCD 1. The tuner is a Mac MR 78. The tape player is a Nakamichi Dragon. The preamp is a Pass X1. Interconnects are all AudioQuest AudioTruth Amazon, and speaker wires are AudioQuest AudioTruth Dragon. (I bought these when silver was still affordable.)

Everything is standard stock, unmodded, except the TT rig. I mentioned it in a post https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/vpi-tnt-hrx-table-what-tonearms/post?highlight=vpi%2Btnt%2Bhr...

I described the Pass amps driving a difficult load in another post https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/anybody-using-wilsons-or-soundlabs-with-pass-labs/post?highli....

jameswei

Nice system! It is great to read about another Sony ES SCD-1 owner.

Enjoy it all in good health.  Happy Listening!