Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Nice catch! corvette01-
The Tobacco Sunburst is a very rare finish indeed.
Happy Listening!
Good to see you again- marqmike,
I am excited for you as the CS 2.4 is a honey of a speaker at any price.
Yes, 125/250 watts is plenty of power to drive those speakers. Your measurements look good as well. Once you take receipt of the speakers, placement/measurement can always be adjusted to taste. To my ears, the CS 2.4 and 3.7 are not that far apart. Some differences are the 3.7 is larger in size and scale, Mr. Thiel's last generation of drivers in the time/phase coherence tradition and can fill a larger listening space with ease.
Having heard models- 2.4, 2.4SE, 2.7 and 3.7 at length- one cannot go wrong with any of these offerings. Prices are right as well. Keep us posted as you massage the speakers into your system, home.

Happy Listening!

marqmike,
Having owned both the 2.4's and now the 3.7's,I would save money and buy the 2.4's!While I do like my 3.7's ,I cant say they are many 1000's of dollars better?The 3.7's play larger because they are.I think some 2.4's with some good electronics can be quite a formidable system!I heard some of the best bass from my 2.4's with a McIntosh amp!
Just wanted to say how well my 1.6's are doing as rear channel speakers!I replaced a pair of Magnapan mmgw with the 1.6's and the difference in amazing!I think now I'll use the mmgw's on the garage floor to catch oil drips when I change the oil in my Vette!
Thanks for you response's. 
That's funny on your magnepans corvette01.
I will post when I get the 2.4's in the basement and start dialing them in.