The cost of LP's and CD's - an observation

Back just before CD's, Albums were usually around $6-8.00, cutout less, double albums a bit more. When CD's first came out they were 'premium' items and cost $10-15.00, slowly the prices for CD's came down and records slowly all went down to a buck or two then disappeared. Now it's reversed, CD's are a few bucks, new Albums are usually around $15 to 25.00. (I didn't figure out the inflation rate, someone else can add that in) . And those cutouts can now be worth a small fortune. I just thought this reversal was interesting. Of course with Streaming, music of any quality is very cheap.

128x128deadhead1000
If CDs are recorded in 24/96 or higher. And you have a very high quality dac it'll sound as good as vinyl or better.
And there were record lovers who 
cleaned their new vinyl, applied “Last” to the pressing before it’s first spin, put in a blank cassette and recorded the music for future 
use.  Putting the album and jackets both in plastic sleeves for pristine copies.
Occasionally I would pull the vinyl out for another listen when in the mood.   
Post removed 
I was kind of like that. Every record would be listened to once as it was dubbed onto the Pioneer RT, usually the whole album and then a few choice cuts that would go onto play lists. But then after that they would only come out for the occasional "serious listening session." 

Now its all "serious listening sessions". They come out all the time!