Tesla Plex SE by Synergistic Research.

Hi Dear Fellows.
I have a  Transparent  Ultra power bank filter pluged to a modest Furutech FPX wall receptacle to feed my system.I have a very relaxing efect , with deepness in soundstage, accurate timber, airy sound and a dark background.Anyway , said that,I feel my system needs a little punch  in the upper frequencies, I think is a very quiet listening and lacks a bit of energy to my taste.I red that the tesla Plex SE receptacle due to its 2 million volts treatment, have a more detailed sound, airy, and very dinamic, with better bass extension.So I kept that in my mind and decided to buy one of these receptacles.I haven´t received it yet.So what can I expect from this wall receptacle?Is it true what the description tells about its performance?Any experiences will be highly appreciated!!I will tell mines once I'll test it.Thanks in advance!Cheers!Raf

My system is  configurated as follows:
Cal delta transport
Audio alchemy Dti pro
EAD Dsp 9000 pro
Jadis Orchestra amplifier
Proac Response One SC
Van den hul The First interconnects
PAD  Praestro  biwire 20th anniversary speaker cables

rafael0054

Showing 5 responses by rafael0054

Hi Mr David Pritchard,
Many thanks for your suggestions.Yes indeed they´re very helpful.I´ll take into consideration changing the stock fuse to see what happens.I have now installed the original factory fuse.Just for curiosity, even if this is not the discuss section.What El34 tubes have you in the jadis orchestra?I still have it with the Electro harmonix el34 tubes and I was thinking in upgrading them, I found RSD tubes but was thinking in trying JJ tesla tubes as well.I heard JJ tubes have better bass than the original Electo harmonix.Thanks in advance.Cheers.Raf
Hi Mr David Pritchard,
Many thanks for your valuable advices.I found them very revealing and helpful to me.
I will start trying changing stock fuses first.

By the way ... are you the Physics teacher at the MIT?
Cheers!Best regards!

Raf
Hi Mr Pritchard,
Many thanks for your suggestion!
I will be eager to see how the Tesla wall AC receptacle evolves within 150hours of break in..
I´m interested also in reading your comparison between both fuses( the Red and Black)
Cheers!
keep in touch!

Raf
Hello Mr Pritchard.
Have you tested the Sinergistic Research Black fuse in the Jadis Orchestra amp?If so....which are the differences compared to the Red fuse?
Many thanks for your opinions!
Cheers!

Raf
Hi everybody!
Michelzay

Unfortunately I haven´t had the opportunity  to test the Teslaplex Se receptacle yet, but I will write my experience once I´ll test it.
Mr Pritchard and everyone.....
I have tested the Sinergistic Research Red fuse( 4Amp slow) in the jadis Orchestra,,,Mama Mia!!!Woww !!It´s completely another story!!More openess, extended frequencies, airy sound,big improvement in soundstage as well. Then after a month of breaking it, I decided to take out the 22 or more screws of the base of  the Jadis amp and changed the 2 fuses 5x20mm 500ma  and put Sinergistic Research Red( these fuses are the ones that goes on the EL34 tubes)....
As expected another improvement!!

I began to notice the entrance of voices and instruments at a correct time, it was as if the 2 fuses inside the amp eliminates the delays in time, and music appers¨ more alive¨as if you were sitted in front of the players.
Another thing is more silences become evident, the music seems to be played a little slowlier, which gives a sense of pleasant and natural hearing, and Soundstage!!! Yes!!. the position of players becomes more clear an focused, some instruments behind the wall, a singer in front of the speakers, and right and left as usual,
So my concluison is:
Sinergistic Research Red fuses really worthwile the investment.They can lift up your equipment to another level.

By the way....I don´t have experiences with the Black fuses.Has anybody compared these two models?May be David or anybody else have something to tell us?

Best regards!
Keep in touch!

Raf