Tekton Design Moab

Ordered a pair just now. In Dark Gray, to which Tammy immediately said, "Oh the Charcoal is beautiful!" Charcoal sounds better than Dark Gray (even though we are talking about the same color!) so Charcoal it is!  

My beloved Talon Khorus do still sound awfully good. It will be interesting to see how the Moabs stock out of the box compare with these tweaked and modded warhorses. Both the strength, and the weakness, of the Khorus is using the 10" woofer to cover so much midrange. Its a strength because it makes for a very smooth and cohesive sound. But its a weakness because its asking a lot of such a large driver to go so high. Talon makes up for it with their isobaric design. Mounted inside and directly behind the woofer is another identical driver facing the opposite direction. The idea is this relieves the front facing driver of having to compress the air inside the cabinet. This does allow for a much faster response, and is a big reason for the wonderful music the Khorus produces. 

I have a feeling however it is no match for Eric Alexander's ultra-low mass driver array solution. Only one way to know for sure. So we will just have to see!  

https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367 
128x128millercarbon
I just put in an order for a dark gray pair of Moab’s yesterday with Tammy!  I ended up getting the eight ohm version secondary to having a 300b integrated amplifier that only has an 8 ohm tap.  I’ll be alternately driving it with a 300 W solid-state.  I know, two amplifiers on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum!   They will be placed in a somewhat small room, 16 X 11.  I have had a pair of Thiel 2.3’s for 20 years, and didn’t feel the upgrade bug until they saw all the new technology and scores of glowing reviews.  I also have a Velodyne DD 10 subwoofer, but I’m not sure I will need it. 

lol! protoss71, I have FIVE subs! https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367
One thing I like about the Moab, the woofers are located top and bottom nearly 5 feet apart. A critical element in getting great bass response is having multiple bass sources. Each Moab speaker is in that respect like having two bass sources. I believe this is one more element in the way Eric is able to get such great sound. Just one of a number of things he's doing different than most.
@millercarbon  The woofer is being 5 feet apart what is one of the factors are used to make the purchase of the Moab over the encore.  Also the extra 2 dB of sensitivity.  Might not get the resolution of the superior drivers in the encore though.  And also, since my room is small, I don’t think I’ll miss the mid bass drivers,  I don’t listen at super loud volumes anymore, I already have some age related hearing loss.  That is on top of high frequency hearing loss from a right ear infection.  
MC:"Thanks for the opportunity to share just how unbelievably incompetent our medical and political classes have been in responding to this giant nothing burger. "

1,000 deaths in Washington (Your home)
11,000 deaths in NJ (My home)
96,000 deaths in the US
1 icu bed left in Mongomery Alabama

"Hoax, hoax"

Really??

Your evidence seem so be that you did not get sick.
Really??
You say you work in the medical field and seem to be upset that your hospital is not full.

My sympathies to you.

Post removed 
@millercarbon  The woofer is being 5 feet apart what is one of the factors are used to make the purchase of the Moab over the encore.  Also the extra 2 dB of sensitivity.  Might not get the resolution of the superior drivers in the encore though.  And also, since my room is small, I don’t think I’ll miss the mid bass drivers,  I don’t listen at super loud volumes anymore, I already have some age related hearing loss.  That is on top of high frequency hearing loss from a right ear infection.

Should be an awesome combination with your tube amp. There are some comments that the speakers love current, or need high power to come alive, or things like that. Always take those with a big grain of salt. They just don't match my experience. Which with different speakers has been that amps sound the way they sound regardless of power. In other words I've had amps with less power that sound more powerful than amps with more power. Now granted with only 8 watts or whatever it is not going to play as loud as 300. Not saying that. But it will be interesting to hear your impression when playing within the same volume envelope.