technics SL 1300 modificatiom

I have a first rate Technics SL 1300. It's in great shape and I love its automatic features. However, soundwise it just does not stand up to other turntables I have, often played off against each other, such as a vintage Thorens TD 125 II, a Denon 62L or more modern ones such as an RP8 or Project Expression, even taking misc. cartridges into consideration. I'm always seeing mods of the Technics SL 1200, which are said to upgrade its performance.[the 1300 I have is identical to the 1200 except for auto. features I wish to keep.] Are there any mods. to the 1300 available? Suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
boofer
Boofer.
Suggest you contact Bill at Music Technology. He is very experienced working with the Technics range.

note: I have some commercial interest in DD TT upgrades.

Thanks.

I used to have a SL-1300Mk2 that has suspension. The arm is not as good as the SL-1200Mk2, the motor and electronics are the same. But one advantage of the 1300Mk2 is that the platter is heavier and is balanced with drilled holes at the bottom. The auto features are prone to failure so I prefer the SL-1500Mk2 which is the manual version. I even had an armless SL-150Mk2, probably the best among that series, which was very promising and I like that it's non-suspended. Alas, I never got to installed a quality arm on it before I sold it. To me the most satisfying Technics of all the ones I tried is the SP-15 and yes I prefer that over the SP-10Mk2. More analog sound.

_______
How can, between two turntables, one sound more analog than the other? They are both analog

One is more mechanical, clinical, sterile sounding than the other. Sorry for the poor choice of word.

_______
Changing out the Headshell is a quick and easy tweak.

http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/Headshells
No recommendation, but I like my Sumiko HS12 Headshell. Advise: before buying, check the 1300 counter's balance weight specifications. The stock Technics headshell weight in at 5.7 grams and the Sumiko is twice that.
With my Technics 1200 (I know it isn't the Technics 1300) but the headshell I've used is the Ortofon SH-4 headshell with great results. The Ortofon SH-4 is being paired with a Denon DL-110 HOMC cart.
Either the Ortofon or Stanton headshells are precision manufactured and sound great to me on Technics DD tables. The Stanton allows for added 2g or 4g weight as needed.
Either the Ortofon or Stanton headshells are precision manufactured and sound great to me on Technics DD tables. The Stanton allows for added 2g or 4g weight as needed.