Suggest your most desired MSRP $1,500-$3,000 Stand Mount for a Shootout.

We are gathering a list of eight speakers to compare in two live events in

June 2022. Post covid we hope!

Trying to gather models which are not readily available for audition.

Please submit your One suggestion here. 

I will begin with my One -KLH Model 5. MRSP $2,000.

Thanks for the help!

chorus

Showing 4 responses by dayglow

The point I failed to make is with a shootout how many amps/cables/sources are on hand to get the full potential out of each speaker. With this type of test nothing can be proven its more about entertainment. Yes, it's a starting point but the truth is this is a very time consuming and frustrating hobby that takes many years of trial and error. Yes, even budget speakers have a different sound signature even if they share parts and are assembled in the same factory. My point was there is less exclusivity from brand to brand then being advertised.

Shootouts are basically worthless. The synergy of source/cables and amplifiers is different with every speaker. Most budget speakers are made in the same Chinese factory maybe on the same assembly line and slapped with different badges.

@kokakolia    +1 Like your swagger! Yes Sonus Faber and Focal claim all products are manufactured in Italy or France but what is the % of Chinese parts on the entry level speakers?

@prighello      -1 Comparing an I/Phone with audio components is ludicrous!

It's possible Focal could have drivers/cabinets/crossovers/binding posts ect. made in China for lower end models then they assembled in France which could make it legal to claim "Made in France"