Sony SCD-C2000ES vs.222ES, 333ES and 555ES

I am currently using a Sony SCD-C2000ES CD changer as my dedicated SACD source.I do not want to use a DVD player nor do I desire a video display in this dedicated 2 channel system.I also can't justify putting a great deal of money into a player for the 20 or so SACD recordings I own.
That said,I purchased the $400 Sony SCD-C2000ES player for $225 NIB and am shocked at how good the SACD recordings sound in my system.I prefer them to vinyl on my Scoutmaster/Dynavector 20x rig.The Sony in SACD mode is also better than my excellent Forbidden City Turandot CD player and my Perpetual 3A DAC.Are the older Sony changers better? I am wary of the Marantz and music Hall players due to reported disc reading errors.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtransnova

Showing 1 response by aball

I not familiar with the 2000 but I have a 333ES and I totally agree with Stereophile that it deserves a Class A rating in SACD mode. It really is an impressive format and this player sounds great. It is a 2-channel only version of the 555 and has the 5 filter settings like the 777 did.

Having said that, I have had an XA777ES player in my system and it sounds very different from my 333: More analytical, less airy, tighter bass and smaller soundstaging.

Arthur