Sony S7700 vs. Pioneer Elite DV-37

I am considering purchasing one of these units. Does anyone have an opinion for sound quality? video quality? The player will be used 70% of the time for CDs, 30% for DVD. Thanks in advance
robk

Showing 1 response by sdcampbell

I've been doing some shopping/auditioning for a new DVD/CD player to replace my Sony 550 DVD and Rega Planet CD player. I want something that has very high audio quality. In a price range I want to pay, the Pioneer DV-37 sounds (and looks) like the best choice. However, virtually every online store I have contacted is out of stock on this model, and don't expect more until mid-January. I've been told that Pioneer will be introducing the new DV-38A at the CES in Las Vegas in early January, but it will have a MSRP of $1800. After much deliberation, I have decided to get the DV-37, even if I have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. By the way, there was an ad on Audiogon about 2 weeks ago from "World-Exchange.com", listing DV-37's for $650. Their units are "as new", not demos, with full warranty, etc. Here's the Web link: http://www.world-exchange.com/able/webpage.cfm?&DID=19&WebPage_ID=3 There are also some reviews on the DV-37 on AudioReview.com, and they are all uniformly excellent.