So I have a DAC; now what Player should I look at?

Im new  to Digital and have questions about what Media player to use with my DAC. The DAC is a Merging Technologies NADAC ST-2 DAC. I’m not sure where to go next. I need a media player, a MAC, Laptop, Roon Nucleus+, ????? 
Ideas n thought are welcome. 
jahatl513
Products in the Bryston BDP line are all great network transports. BDP-1 used well under $1000, though a bit long in the tooth. BDP-Pi is an interesting product. I use Raspberry Pis in some setups and they are great with the Allo Digione products, but require some messing around with Linux to get them up and running.
A transport is the last thing I would personally invest in in todays world simply because it does not handle all the same digital file resolutions that a good streamer is (generally) designed to handle.

A Node 2 is a very good steamer, with a pretty good interface and it handles many digital formats/resolutions. And once you invest in a NAS drive for it you simply park all your CD’s onto it and file the CD under "archive"

I have a Node 2, a power Node 2 and a Pulse Mini speaker - which allows me to stream the music from that NAS drive to anywhere in and around my house

Lately I have purchased digital downloads (as opposed to CD’s) - I think it’s the way digital music will go, but then, I still buy vinyl, so who knows where digital will end up.

Other advantages of the streamer
- you can create playlists of favourite tracks on your NAS to suit your mood.
- you can play by artist/album/genre/playlists/composers/folders and favourites
- you can stream all sorts of stuff from the web and/or streaming service by genre/artist/etc...

One thing about transports - lots of moving parts, so they can experience "mechanical issues".

Same can be said of a turntable, but Transports are more complex and often requires a technician for repairs. Belt drive turntables are pretty easy to fix - at least mine is.

I think it’s a personal call - I prefer a streamer - others like loading CD’s.

They both produce some exquisite music and the transport, like vinyl, can inspire a certain "mood" for the occasion (much like vinyl) - as opposed to sifting through songs in a library from your phone.

Happy Listening - Steve
I follwed these instructions, from mojo-audio about converting Mac mini to dedicated Roon Server. I have mine hooked up to a simaudio moon DAC. I have everything on a wired network. Believe it or not ROON and Simaudio both say just to hook it all up network for best audio quality. 
Hope this helps. 
Why do you need a streamer? Most people who buy a streamer have it in their audio room and hooked up to their dac using usb which is a terrible interface. I use a Mac mini with 26TB of RAID disks for my ripped and purchased hires music running Roon. I also use a 1G fiber internet connection for both speed and lack of noise when I stream Tidal MQA files. My Mac system is 2 floors away from my audio room and I use Ethernet to connect to my dac. Very simple and excellent SQ