Silly prices for Nordost cables

http://www.nordost.com/images/review-images/review-pdf/127555.pdf

$38000 for a 2m pair?
$17000 for a 1.5m power cord?
$20000 interconnect for 0.6 meters and only(!) $2000 for an additional 0.5 meter?

I know the debate is tired but this is beyond ridiculous.
128x128noromance
What OEM wire is in the Odin OP?

Im curious to know.

And what's with all this negativity towards rich people (not necessarily you OP)?

Why assume that just because you're rich, you have no shot at audio nirvana or that you have no idea what you're buying?  I don't understand all this negative views on those with more money than us.  Are we just trying to pat ourselves on the back?

Because these rich guys are really no different than you or I... Thiugh I bet the difference is that they don't have time to be perusing audiogon because their time is spent earning money on top of money.  To peruse audiogon and the forums would cost them more than just buying the best gear available... So why not?  
I would like to know all the super expensive cables that use OEM so that I can try the OEM version...
Right on Joey. :)

However, a thread titled such as this is intentionally and squarely aimed to elicit such responses.

Enough of this silliness. Buy them, don’t buy them, who cares. Just shuddup about it already.

Dave
I am pointing out that there are companies making short pieces of cable - often no more than rehashed OEM wire and covering it with fancy jackets

Which companies...?
I think it's fair to say that there IS a market for such uber expensive cables, whether I agree or not isn't the issue. If we use the previously mentioned Lambo references, I will share my own experience. I had the good fortune of being able to have a guided tour of the Bologna maufacuring facilty this past June. One section of the plant was dedicated to the Lamborghini Centenario, and only 20 hard tops, and 20 soft tops were to be built. The base price, before options was a stunning 1.7 million Euros. The lady guiding us through the plant informed us that all 40 units were pre-sold!! So, the point is, if you can build such extravagantly high priced products, there are people out there that have the means to buy, and will do so. Would we begrudge anyone who has the ability to by a Centenario? I think not, so why would we do so in audio gear. If you can afford it, go for it! It aint my hard earned your spending, so what do I care.