Sierra 2 vs Dynaudio Focus 160

I am having a hard time finding anyone who has heard both of these and can offer some constructive observations/comparisons. I love the Dynaudio sound (former Contour s3.4 owner) but have been reading so much about the Ascend Sierra 2 that it has caused me to pause and consider going the Sierra 2 route and saving a few bucks. Thanks for your comments people!
fredorama

Showing 2 responses by fredorama

I should also throw the ProAc Tablette Anniverary in the mix. I listen to a lot of rock, jazz, female vocalists, piano, and some new-agey stuff. Thanks
Thank you Rich, Tortilla...

I just missed picking up a pair of Sierra 2s here for $1100 - by a few hours. No 30-day eval period that way though. Now a buddy of mine whose ears I trust highly recommended the LSA-1 Signature ($1899), which I can pick up at RMAF new for $899 (special show price). My buddy says way better than Peachtree D5, not quite as good as the Focus 160, and can't comment on the Sierra 2s.

I live in So Cal so maybe I will take a drive and listen for myself. Or order the LSA 1 Sigs AND the Sierra 2s and either sell the LSAs on AG or return the Sierras if I prefer the LSA sound.