Siemens CCa vs. Amperex 6922 D getter

I have a Audio Note P3 Silver with a Dodd battery pre amp. The Dodd calls for a 6922.

The Amperex WL GP PQ D getter in comparison to the CCa in my set up sounds dazed and confused. It is like a dirty window that needs cleaning when I insert the CCa.

I had the Amperex three weeks before the CCa came on the scene. When I first put the CCa in the music seemed to jump out of the speakers with such clairity that I was shocked that the Amperex somehow lost all that info.

So much for MR. Joe's report on the 6922. In my system they rock. I must say they work better with the TS 6SN7 RP than the Sylvania W metal. YMMV.

Anyone else have this experence?
128x128glory

Showing 2 responses by glory

The Amperex sounds dazed and confused and the CCa makes the Amperex sound like a dirty window that needs to be cleaned. The CCa has much more clarity than the Amperex.

I don't think the Ampeerex is bad as it sounded great until the Siemens came along.

I have a pair of Amperex 7308 coming from Andy (going on a 30 day wait) that will be interesting to try out.
D,

I think the 300b amp may help the CCa not to be so bright and hard on the top end. With the Sylavina WM 6SN7 the CCa had it's toes over the line at times. With the TS RP it behaved itself . The Amperex works better with the Sylvania WM bringing out more of the top end.

I will hunt one down (Valvo) and see, hear what you are saying is true.

Thanks for the tip.