Selling here on Audiogon

Hi it's been quite a while since I listed items for sale here on "Agon" what has  happened? It seems like gear used to move fast vs other sites  I don't want to mention the other sites name in fear of the almighty censor gods removing my post. Anyway has  anyone else experienced this?

Mark 

markum01

I think if something is newer or a “named” brand like Parasiund or Crutchfield type equipment it will always sell fast as people have a direct  comparison to new. Also there are so many cables and brands out there that not many people know them all. Used equipment is tough as people have to really want that specific piece for their system.  Also with many free shipping sites it’s hard to keep pricing worth the savings.  

I agree with all the above, but  I've sold a turntable, amp, preamp and a server and sold them quickly as I put fair prices on them with detailed descriptions. And they were popular brands which also helps. 

Although it is annoying how many dealers put their equipment up. But having been in the stereo business long ago, they have to move their trade-ins and not keep their money tied up in old equipment. And of course they use the trade-ins as an opening to sell new equipment.  

if you think the listed prices are not reasonable, do not buy them.

then, the dealers' items will expire.  then, listed again, expired, ...

this is one of the ways to make prices reasonable.

I usually look at the dealer demo ads first; I prefer buying from them to just "some guy", if possible at a reasonable price.

Might be a bit more expensive, but will also be covered under some kind of warranty, and will be much easier to deal with if there are any problems. 

Hi i think the fee on Audiogon is pretty high now. 

On small items not so much but on heavy high end gear it really gets a lot and that is a shame and probaly why some may go to other sites.

happy lisining