Sellers adding for PayPal use is plainly BS

I am just curious, why charging buyer, in such a blatant way, for PayPal service that SELLER is enjoying? If those 2-3% will 'impoverish' given seller, why not including them in selling price? As a matter of principal, i'll never buy from such a seller!
eldragon
wow, even I am amazed that that message got dumped by the admin.  There was nothing inflammatory in the message and it was not attacking any user personally or impartially.
I just don't pay any attention to the whole "PayPal, add 3%" thing.  If want to buy an item, I'll just let the seller know the total amount I'll pay.  The seller can take it or decline to sell. 
I never charge Paypal fees since the auction price is what I agree to anyway, and it seems to complicate things. I also charge a reasonable "flat fee" for shipping that covers most of the CONUS and if I'm off by a few bucks, so what? I control the whole thing by having a minimum price anyway, so alienating those who dislike Paypal fees seems like a bad idea.
Agreed. The seller controls all aspects of the transaction and should be willing to pick up the PP fees. If the seller accepts an offer then nothing really changes the calculus in my mind  about the seller picking up the PP fees.