Schiit Bifrost vs. the original Peachtree Dac-it

Would purchasing a new Schiit Bifrost be a step up from the Peachtree Dac-it or would it be more of a lateral move?
128x128coachpoconnor
Going off the Stereophile measurements, it’s a pretty good DAC except for the IMD, but in today’s market it would compete with the cream of the crop ~$175 DACs. The Topping D50 or SMSL SU-8 are both better than your current DAC by a good margin, but I do doubt you’d hear any or much of a difference. Not a perfect analogy, but it’d be like upgrading from a car with a 7 second 0-to-60mph time to one that’s 6.95 seconds.

IMO, the only DAC that Schiit makes that’s worth it’s salt is their new Modi 3. The Bifrost isn’t bad, but not even close in performance to the cheaper DACs mentioned above.
Also remember that there are several iterations of the BiFrost as it is upgradeable. There is a multibit version too.

I've heard that the Modi Multibit sounds better than the Bifrost non-multibit.

I have no experience with any of those.
I have the Modi Multibit.  It has a unique sound.  Certainly not the last word on punchy bass or airy highs, but it holds its own and presents nice sense of space and clarity in the midrange.  It moves around at my house, from desktop system to headphone stack to main rig.  If you don't like it, send it back and you're out $50.  You'll probably end up keeping it.