Recommendations for Vintage Speakers

I’m currently looking to put together a vintage system and am wondering what a good pair of full range, floor standing speakers would be. They would be powered by a Pioneer SX-1250. I listen to a very wide range of music, a lot of live Grateful Dead, Classic Rock, Metal, But also enjoy Jazz and even a little Big Band music once in a while. Thanks for your help!
128x128bigjohn9095
So , I graduated in June 1978 from FSU. Went to work in Jacksonville, Fl. My first paychecks at age 22 were a upgrade from my Infinity Pos 2’s to Kef 104AB’s. I paid then $1100 then plus sale tax as a 22 year-old. I had them restored 2 years ago to 100% thinking my 35 yr old son might want them? Restoration included new cabinet veneers, new cross-overs, new foam grills, they are 100% NEW!!! Anyway he doesn’t get it. So I’ll build a new retro system or possibly soon put up for sale and take a loss based on a “perfect restoration. They are beautiful and perfect! They are still wrapped in plastic since I first heard them again in Tampa at The Speaker Exchange who restored them. Glenn the  owner is amazing for many decades now!
Bogey2292-AKA Dave
Depends upon your ROOM more than anything else (except your wallet, of course!).  Try a small set of newer Magneplanars and see what you think about the clarity of listening to the actual recorded music instead of the "horny" sound of horns or the booming of speakers like Advents, JBL's, etc., which were great in the day but have been out-engineered easily by today's designers (no disrespect to Henry Kloss, clearly an audio icon).  Whatever you do, LISTEN TO IT IN YOUR ROOM first.

Cheers!
Depends upon your ROOM more than anything else (except your wallet, of course!). Try a small set of newer Magneplanars and see what you think about the clarity of listening to the actual recorded music instead of the "horny" sound of horns or the booming of speakers like Advents, JBL's, etc., which were great in the day but have been out-engineered easily by today's designers (no disrespect to Henry Kloss, clearly an audio icon). Whatever you do, LISTEN TO IT IN YOUR ROOM first.
Weird, I don't have any bass boom with my Advents and they're significantly more detailed than the 1.7is I owned. Magnepans are not very detailed/clear speakers in the grand scheme of things - why there exists the phrase, "Maggie mist."