recommendation of amps

Just looking for a little guidance. Starting to look for an AMP.  Most likely solid state. I listen to R&R only, high 80's low 90's    Room 13x14 bathroom to one side hallway to another, normal furnishings, wood floors.  Speakers, Fritz carbon 7se bookshelf, SVS SB3000 Sub, Currently Peachtree amp 500 running system (not Bad)  Benchmark Dac 3B and LA-4 Benchmark Line Amp, Audiolab 6000 CD Transport, Everything Balanced, with the exception of the Transport. Stream Qobuz also. System sounds really good. Just looking for a TOP SHELF AMP.  Budget maybe 6-7 k new or used, (Less preferred)  Prefer new with warranty???  Have a ATI AMP 6002 in main system, in another room, much bigger room, and kicks ass, in every regard. Would like something different (maybe)  Current set up feels a little neutral, and analytical,   maybe looking for something a little warmer.  Have been looking at a used Pass Labs 250.8  for example     Maybe a little overkill though? Always a little nervous over tubes (scared even) Afraid of NOT ENOUGH JUICE to listen at my levels.  Very open to your suggestions. Thanks as always     Robert TN

robshaw

@robshaw

i agree the peachtree is clearly the weak link, and also agree you want the amp to bring some warmth to the music, as the benchmark gear is somewhat lean and precise sounding -- fritz speakers appreciate some midrange warmth in the signal to do their magic with vocals etc in the essential midband

i strongly recommend a pass xa30.5 to save considerable $$ over the xa30.8 driving the fritz’s at their efficiency -- luscious sounding amps, neither amp will ever break a sweat, run outside their class a envelopes ... you will save $ on your ongoing power bill too :)

presently i have two xa30.5’s (acquired for a cool biamping experiment), am happy to part with one (if your location and budget makes it practical) ... feel free to pm me

Coda checks all of your boxes! I have had Pass XA monos(both the 60.8 and 160.8) and my Coda Model 16 outperforms them both in my listening space and paired with my other gear. 

>> I have thought about the Benchmark AHB2 amp,but, seem to want something a little warmer. <<

If you haven’t tried it, you might be surprised at its tonality. Though clear and with the lowest distortion available, it’s not a cold-sounding amp IMO.

Whether it has enough juice for your listening tastes is a separate matter, but I'd bet it will, given the Fritz speakers' 88 dB sensitivity and the fact you are using a powered sub.

Using the Parasound A21+ myself. Love the option of connecting dual subs on it, and the sound is a good match for my ears in my system. Plus 500 watts per channel at 4 ohms which is what my PBN MONTANA XPS speakers are. What else would a rocking man want!

Luminous Audio Technology Archimedes Monoblocks ($8,500/pr)

Replaced my Parasound A21+ with these…the A21+ is very nice and is a good value, but the Archimedes are just next level ( or so) and drive my Paradigm Persona 3F like they were made for them.  (also use Luminous Axiom III and Luminous Arion 2 in my system…).

The control, detail, spaciousness, and depth are very impressive.

Just food for thought.