Recommend a budget floor standing speaker less than $1,000

Looking for suggestions for a floor standing speaker that blows you away with it's value.  
Fire away!
34dean

Showing 3 responses by schubert

I have same Silverlines as well and good they are .
However a pr of single-driver Gallo A’divas on their unobtrusive floor stands are better and less money . Get a small sub, Gallo if possible , and won’t do much better under 4-5 K . I paid $ 700 for both .
Single-driver no crossover so phase / time correct, 100 watt Belles Amp drives them fine .
Funny, I just gave away my Omega Super3XRS to a young couple who loved classical music but couldn’t afford a system. I also gave them my Eastern Electric 8 watt tube integrated which was the only amp of the 5 i had on hand that made them sound good for the simple reason they need tubes to dance .
I also gave them a nice leather coach to put in front of them as they require sweet-spot listening .Also gave them a pr of expensive Mapleshade floor stands which the Omegas really needed as well .Rest of system was old Sony CD and Sony tuner which were $5 a piece at Goodwill and they both sound fine .
My Gallo A’diva TI sound  better and are not fussy whatsoever.

And no, this is not a joke, really happened about a month ago.
A'diva Ti . I think they are better in soundstage and instumental seperation, 
easier to find lines in Symphony . A bit clearer and coherent as well, most single driver crossover less speakers are . Bigger sound and easy to drive
even though 85 db , easy on amp .
Not knocking the Silverlines mind you , they are good speakers, bit better tone than Gallo's but not much .