RCA to RCA versus RCA to XLR

I was planning to order a new interconnect cable and considered having this made with one end terminated with RCA connectors and the other end terminated with a XLR connection. The RCA end would go into my Scott tuner and the XLR end would go into my ARC pre-amp. My question is whether or not there would be any significant sonic advantage to doing this, as opposed to simply ordering an IC with a RCA termination on both ends.

128x128persephone
@oldhvymec
 is there a bit of "different" thinking going on.
Yep, there's always more than one way to skin a cat... I was just addressing the comments saying there there was no benefit going RCA to XLR. If you have no issues with RF, ground noise etc. then RCA in most cases is the way to go. With ground loops there's a specific problem where current flows between grounds on different circuits, it just so happens that RCA to XLR stops this... it wasn't even the primary reason for balanced interconnects as far as I know.
For all I know a ground loop eliminator might work great, there are always options out there.

What about shielding on cable, are you a fan? I’ve found that shielding in the real world is a God sent. BUT in the stereo world it can really dummy up the sound, I mean really mess with the clarity and SQ.

I’ve found some shielding in my world was a robber of just about EVERY audiophile term ever invented. Then small separate woven stranded types of cable (helix) work wonders in SQ improvement and noise floor reduction. 6 years for me..

Ribbon cable and flat wire cable construction are pretty amazing thing too. Zero noise issues.. HERE..

There was a truck rout right next to my home. Trucks with CBs and CHPs with Ham. The rout was changed 15 years ago and CHP use a different type of radio now, so. NO NOISE.. Better cabling.. :-) Things I’ve learned HERE. 40 year now.

I think sun spot are through the roof too. Weird crap going on here the last two, three weeks. (X-Files theme song)

Regards
I think shielding like most things is down to circumstances, I've got wifi with around 30 devices attached (god knows what they all are). So I can't do without it, the only issue I've had is TT interconnects as the capacitance adds to the cart loading so low capacitance interconnects where possible. If you're in a low noise environment then you're lucky and can get away with trying some other options.
No good you are not getting the benefit of a true XLR 
by going part xlr it can’t neutralize the signal path noise .
just stick with just XLR if itis truly balanced on both pieces of electronics , if not truly balanced stick with RCAs 
no benefit might even cause an impedance mismatch because of the age of the scott