Question about Class A

So I read all the time how awesome Class A Amps/Integrated's (SS and Tube) are.

I currently have a Vincent SV-500 Hybrid and feel it sounds really good.

But I have this itch now to hear what Class A would sound like and would it be a big difference to my current Vincent.

I wanted to ask what are some good Class A Integrated's that I could look into?

I know Pass Labs always comes up and for good reason but those might be a bit out of my budget.

I would say I can probably go to $3K new or used.

Sugden is another brand that I have researched a lot and the A21 retails for around $2500 and there is a dealer in Socal that carries it, so that one is tempting.

Vincent has the SV-237 MK II but I think that is only Class A for the 1st 10 watts into 8-ohms and I have 4-ohm speakers so I am not sure if that would give me any Class A magic. I am sure it would sound similar to my SV-500 but have more base extension.

Could you all recommend any other one's? I have been researching but haven't come across any (SS or Tube).

Thanks

128x128jay73
Post removed 

@jay73 

try the Coda 11 mentioned.   100 wpc class A to output.  Should you decide to swap speakers,  the Coda will allow for future updates.   I have zero affiliation with Coda the company,  or the preowned being sold. 

respectfully, 

jose

At 3X the price the Sugden A21SE had better prove an improvement over the Vincent SV-500.  Actually any of the A21 series should be.

I would not advise the purchase of an amplifier with intentions of using your Vincent as a pre unless you are planing on replacing the Vincent with a higher end preamp in the near future.

Keep your eyes open for a used Sugden A21 series integrated. Should you find one you could purchase it, compare to your Vincent and keep the one that fits best into your system. Sell the other. 

As an aside to your original quarry, have you considered the purchase of an external DAC to replace the one internal to the Vincent?  Improvement in your source may prove to be a better expenditure.

If your speakers are truly 92db sensitive (sometimes mfg's over-rate them), I'd recommend the Pass-Labs 30.8 stereo amp.  Definitely punches way above it's 30WPC rating and has plenty of power-supply for 4-ohm speakers.  My 94db speakers 6-ohm impedance would play very loud and they seldom moved the meter needle !  Great sounding amp and does 30WPC in pure class-A, and I believe 60WPC into 4-ohms in class-A.  Really a power-house amp and highly recommended...