Power Cord & SPDIF Coaxial Recommendations For Audiomeca Mephisto CD Transport

Hi
Have just gotten an old Audiomeca Mephisto  CD transport.
It's hardly written about anymore as it is ancient and so was wondering about good matches for it power cord and SPDIF coaxial wise.
Thanks
mikey8811

Showing 1 response by adg101

Monoprice, Pangea and etc. will work just fine but anyone who has owned them, with a capable and resolving system will tell you there is a reason higher end brand that do cost more are better. It’s a miracle so many higher price manufactures have lasted so long being there’s no difference. 
Make sure the power cable is shielded well and the coax is at least a meter long. You don’t mention your budget so I’ll start with practical, not crazy expensive but are very good. Nordost Silver Shadow are heavily discounted and it’s a very good coax. 
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisaci76-nordost-silver-shadow-digital-interconnect-1m-digital

Not tried one but many on here rave about Cullen Cable power cords for value for the money. I personally like WyWires Digital Power Cords but new they’re going to be more, but they show up used. On the Cullen Cable, I’m sure if you contact them, they will suggest what PC for digital components as they have several series.

If you can find used, you’ll likely save a lot and end up with a better cable than buying new… you just might have to wait awhile.