Poor Fritz

There’s no better value and no one as willing to make bespoke speakers out there than Fritz and these forums treat his speakers as if they cost $200K.
They don’t. They are remarkably affordable and yet potential customers put him through the absolute ringer, asking for custom features, going through 2 or 3 models of home auditions and maybe not even buying any of them.

Look, you buy what you want to buy, but I think not enough credit is given to the man or his speakers in terms of the overall value proposition and I think this is a disservice overall.  If you write a 5 page review, please keep this very much in mind that you are not reviewing Wilson or Focal's flagships.  Maybe he doesn't deserve quite the same scrutiny.

erik_squires
I knew a lady who made violins, violas and cellos.  She was a silver medalist in the US.  I loved the sound of her instruments, and the horror stories she had over selling direct were such that she never sold direct even to friends.  The care and feeding of the musicians was so great she couldn't possibly make violins AND take care of them, and this was in fact something her dealers did very well.

This is also something I think about when I think of Fritz and other one-person shops.  They not only have to make the speakers, they have to market them, they have to put up with people nickel and dime ing them, criticizing them like they would do no major brand, and deal with the entire sales process.

I simply cannot imagine wanting to be in that business at all, so if you find a bespoke speaker maker you like and trust and buy from, please, treat them well.

Best,

Erik
Post removed 
Erik, 

I still haven't been told what improvements you could do to the SNR1 which incidentally were heavily criticized by the engineers over on diyaudio. Feel free to share your thoughts. 

Duke, 

The goal of speaker design is PERFECTION. If you cannot or will not agree to that, you are in the wrong job. It is all about winning and trying to outdo the competition. There is a war going on and YOU yourself as a speaker engineer are a part of this whether you know it or not. Which faction do you belong to Duke? I have only one interest and that is to find perfection. 

I am not interested in how wonderful the KEF meta LS50s sound, or how wonderful the Audiokinesis Ginas sound. I wanna know how BAD THEY ARE! I wanna uncover all the dirty secrets that so many people are desperate to suppress. Show me why they are flawed and tell me how they can be improved! 
Post removed