Plinth ideas for DENON PD-80 DD turntable

While my pair of Victor TT-101 still sleeping in the storage, i decided to buy another Flying Saucer.

The DENON DP-80, vintageknob always have nice images and info about rare stuff...

On that page you see DP-80 with DA-401 tonearm for hich compliance cartridges (i have this tonesm NOS). It could be an interesting project, it was hard to resist ...

The question is the Plinth for this Denon DP-80.
The original DK-300 plinth is an option, but searching for something better i found this one.

Custom made plinth is always an option and i have superb Audio-Technica AT-616 pneumatic insulators to use under the plinth.

But what do you guys using with your Denon PD-80 ?

P.S. some companies now producing even an iron cast plinth and graphite plinth, i have no access to graphite, but iron cast here is cheap to make a custom plinth.
128x128chakster
I have one from KAB recommended for Technics, he's got another one at the moment  on his site for $5.95 (scroll down for SFWO 010 oil). 

"This is the official original SFWO 010 oil. Anderol 465 aircraft quality synthetic acknowledged by Panasonic to be the original factory reccomended oil for all Technics turntables. It is great for all steel/brass/bronze bearing spindles as well. Now being supplied in a long narrow stem pipette to easily reach into tight spots."

I'm absolutely loving this thread especially given that I am eventually gonna get round to finishing off two plinth projects for a: 

Sony TTS 8000
JVC QL10 (TT101)

I have effectively two designs in mind.

I have thus far made two 'aerolam' style planks using aluminium plate sandwiching aluminium honeycomb

I unfortunately messed up a aluminium Panzerholz sandwich (I do have another plank)

My intention was to make a plinth using:

Top plate aerolam sandwich
Subchassis aluminium Panzerholz chassis
corian side cheeks (bright orange to look like the PSx9)
lexan supports from top plate to sub-chassis 

My other thought was to try and either emulate 

A. Townshend Rock reference - Bitumen, plaster of Paris (and anything else you know goes into it)
or
B. Sony TB2000 style - don't know if I can make a bulk mould compound.

I am getting the TT101 serviced but thankfully have a QL10 base - I'm wondering if that plinth is actually any good.

Love to hear your views.
I am getting the TT101 serviced but thankfully have a QL10 base - I'm wondering if that plinth is actually any good.

@lohanimal Interesting, who's responsible for servicing ?
I have two TT101 

Searched for TT101 plinth ideas i've come across interesting project of our audiogon fella, this is how it looks like in his blog: 

1) TT-101 with one tonearm 
2) TT-101 in ring plinth with two tonearms, here is a different view
3) TT-101 in ring plinth on isolation platform with two tonearm pods. 
I think the ring is slate ? 

Recently discovered two granith cylinders at home that can be used for toneam pods. And my pneumatic AT616 feet to support up to 60kg already here. 
@chakster 

Hi Chakster

I have that page saved as a favourite - I am not who the owner of that web sight is but he is a man of both great wealth and taste :) 

I used Wilkinsons I the UK - boy are they slooooooooowwwwww. That said I am awaiting delivery.

going a bit off topic - I am intrigued whether the new SP10 is better than the original mark 3

There's something so addictive about these DD's.

The chap who created the Direct Drive Museum and others on this forum say that all the DD's of the 70's era sound quite similar and are all  effectively cut from the same sound cloth.

All said the chap on the Vintageknob rates the JVC highest.

Anyway I digress

Have you settled on a design, or are you buying a plinth?