Peter Lederman in Second Bout With COVID-19

I saw on Facebook late last night that Mike Fremer told one of his Audio Friends that he heard from Peter Lederman of Soundsmith that he is suffering his second round with COVID.  Peter said he has blood clots on his lungs. That is all the post said.  Here is hoping that Peter pulls through with a full recovery. 
128x128stereo5
In an age when marketing BS rules supreme, and social media produces enough gas to power hot air balloons for every man, woman and child on the planet, it's totally refreshing to have a thread like this w Peter's poetic licence on replies.
More power to your nocturnal pen and notepad, Peter.
lewm,
Thanks for your input.  In brief, let me know what you think after reading mercola.com and those 196 references included in the 4/19/21 analysis.  There are many articles on mercola.com on related subjects.  ADE was demonstrated in ferrets after 100% deaths upon exposure to the SARS cov1 wild virus after a candidate cov1 vaccine.  Human use of the vaccine was not approved at that time.

To be honest and humble, there is not one physician or scientist who understands enough about this cov2 virus/variants/vaccines.  There is a lot to learn, most importantly after time has passed.  As an aside, I knew the renowned endocrinologist from Tufts, Dr. Andre Guay who was one of my mentors about the benefits of testosterone treatment.  There was a flawed VA study in 2013 reported in JAMA that claimed harm from testo treatment.  This was at odds with many prior studies and nearly 100 years of experience documenting benefits of treatment.  Andre went to the FDA to try to get them to remove the black box warning about testo.  He was so upset about the lack of understanding of the science from so-called "experts" at the FDA.  The truth is that INAPPROPRIATE dosing of testo is harmful in the long run, but widespread use of supposedly safe OTC drugs like ibuprofen has killed many people quickly from GI bleeding.  A few months later, I read an article co-authored by Andre, with a footnote stating that he had died.  When I saw him a few months before that, he seemed healthy and enjoying his family life at the age of 73.  I believe that he was so distraught at the failure of the medical establishment to be open minded, that this contributed to his death.

Many studies are artificial and flawed, which is why long term experience and study by clinicians is most important for any medical intervention.  These vaccines have only been granted emergency authorization, and full approval after much more experience won't be for a while.  Even so, I have seen many drugs withdrawn long after approval when subtle long term effects have been seen that could not have been known when approvals were granted.

Mijostyn?
To those doctors that have posted here. I have sent some clips to my Rheumatologist. This is a doctor who really CARES, and is a rare find. He has been helping me in researching and testing methods to treat my autoimmune disorder I have had for 30 years. God Bless him.

My posting this is not to continue this aspect of the thread, but to inform you of what someone who knows my medical history and someone who is brilliant medically has to say. I wish EVERYONE God bless - and stay safe. Covid is NOT going away.

Hi Peter-

I guess I am taking these posts out of context because I am just seeing portions and missed the thread.

But I do offer a few thoughts...

First of all, it remains unclear exactly what happened to you. As I understand it, you were exposed to the coronavirus and were infected prior to the second vaccine. Then, unknowingly, did receive the second shot right around the time that symptoms would emerge, leading to a terrible reaction. Was the blood clot and PE a result of COVID19 re-infection or the vaccine? How can one tell?

Both vaccinations and natural immunity ( following a previous infection, as in your case) help to reduce the risk of repeat infection, but cannot eliminate it .

One explanation might be that getting the vaccine coincident with the true infection resulted in a massive immune activation that made you sick and contributed to the clots. Another might be that you had an exaggerated vaccine reaction that was responsible, rather than the infection itself (most people who have been reinfected with COVID have experienced a much milder course of illness than the first time). A third might simply be that the vaccine was not effective in your case , nor was natural immunity and you became reinfected and got quite sick and developed the blood clots, due to the infection. Blood clots, as you know have been associated with the J and J vaccine, not the one you received, but HAVE been seen frequently in  bad COVID infections.

Those blood clots in many cases have been associated with the development of autoantibodies, induced by the virus, which impairs the clotting system.( We should check for those in your case, if not already done)

And, you and I know, Peter, that your immune system is not exactly "normal". Long before all of this, we have been struggling with understanding what the nature of your autoimmune condition is and how to manage it.

Perhaps your particular immune system is more susceptible to COVID infection, for some reason. Or maybe it renders you less responsive to vaccination thus leaving you vulnerable, so that either natural or vaccinated immunity is weak in your case. These are questions that we really cannot answer.

As far as that other doctor's post about ADE ( antibody dependent enhancement) goes--there is so far, no evidence thatI am aware of that this exists in the case of COVD vaccination . It has only been seen in Dengue and remains mostly a theoretical phenomenon. Some virologists/immunologists/infectious disease experts expressed concern that this could happen with COVID vaccines, but so far, despite hundreds of millions of receiving various vaccine products throughout the world this has not been reported.

And the notion that those with previous COVID infection should not receive the vaccine is, in my opinion , wrong. We know that natural immunity is of short duration and vaccination confers, in general, a better and longer protection.

I believe that it is true that individuals with prior infection histories tend to have  a stronger reaction to the first vaccination ( with COVID "virgins" tend to react-if at all-to the second shot) which is one reason, many experts recommend waiting 3 months after recovering from COVID before getting the vaccine.

( I recently saw a couple who both had severe COVID infections--he was hospitalized for nearly 3 months and almost died and she for a month and also had a pulmonary embolism) They went and got the vaccine about a month after recovering from that fiasco and both get real sick. He told me he felt as though he had COVID again--but it lasted a week and then they recovered fully)

Some People are just generally against the vaccines and find others who share their opinion and then selectively support their position with "facts" and opinions that agree with their position.

I feel terrible about what happened to you, but I think it is rare and I still believe that the vaccination programs are in the best interests of the society as a whole

Respectfully,

DL

@retipper

thanks for sharing that

please don’t push yourself to get back to work too soon... as we age we heal slower... need time to let body try to get right

dunno if you have a couch (maybe have a colleague get you pillow, air mattress, blanket and put somewhere in your workplace??) to lie down at work, take 30 min breaks/naps while there

please take care of yourself let yourself get better -- the work can wait

Now, that is level-headed response by Dr. DL. It does not make some things about confirmation clear, though. There is also something called MIS-A. Hopefully, this case has been reported to the vaccine manufacturer, or whoever is keeping eyes on long-term effects. If the people from the hospital published it as a case report, it might help someone down the line.

viber6,

You have an interesting concept of dying. Out of curiosity, was Dr. Guay taking testosterone supplements?