Pass X250/350 /Plinius SA250/Classe CAM350's/Sim

I am seeking to upgrade my amplification.

My current setup-

CD- Cary 303
Pre- ARC LS12
Amp- Classe CA150
Spkr- Proac Response 2.5's

While I am generally satisfied, I have a bad case of "upgrade-itis" and the family CFO (my wife) has given the OK.

I've been considering the following based on my research (I am located in arural area, so demoing is impossible- listening at dealers in the course of my travels is unreliable at best)-

Pass Labs X250 or 350
Plinius SA250 mkIV
Classe CAM 350 monoblocks
Simaudio W10 monoblocks

Sorry, I'm just not a tube kind of person.
(I am also considering going to the Proac Response 3.8"s in the future, so the amplifier needs to be OK for those as well.

Any ideas/insights are appreciated.
mikey0dca

Showing 1 response by foreverhififc85

The Pass amps are superb, and WILL mate nicely with the Proac 2.5's. The Plinius and Sim's are very good, if a hair behind the Pass's. Then the Classe Behind those.
I used to have Classe CA150, as well as Audio Research LS16 preamp driving some Thiel 2.3's. My system WAS similar to yours in a lot of ways. I upgraded amps to even a used Threshold T200, which was superb for cheap used ($1600). I used to sell the Pass, and Classe Stuf, andy my buddy owned the Plinius 250...I've heard the Sim.
It's all good gear, but I'd give the Pass a nod over the others, then probably the Sim, then the Plinius,then Classe.
Good Luck
Have fun