Oppo exploring additional production of UDP 205

For a few days now, I have been searching for a new OPPO UDP 205.  I wanted to purchase an OPPO UDP 205 for some time, but never got around to it. I revisited the OPPO site today and went to the OPPO UDP 205 page. There, I saw a new line that allows registration for a potential production run. I registered. Anybody else interested? Let's make it so that OPPO can't refuse to make one more production run. I'd love to see a huge Audiogon push. Let us know if you are in. 
gpgr4blu

Showing 2 responses by snapsc

I'm told that Magnolia Best Buy Atlanta still has a few available and they will ship to wherever you are, here is the contact info: ask for Jim Richardson at seven seven zero three nine one four seven three two

I have no affiliation with Jim or BB...this is my good deed for the day.

Pretty sure the price will $1299.98 plus tax and I'm pretty sure that shipping will be included.

Good Luck
I've noticed a variety of postings on a couple of the OPPO 205 threads, some positive and some saying not much improvement from the 103/203 versions.  After a lot of 205 procrastination, I placed an order with Magnolia and the 205 was delivered in 5 days with no problems.

Tomorrow, I will be able to connect my Oppo 103 and 205 side by side, put the same disc in each, volume level and switch back an forth..with the 205 having the disadvantage of only 2 hours of burn in...I will report back.

As we all know, memory can be fickle..but my initial impression of the 205 after listening to only two discs (with no burn in time) is that the 205 is a definite step up from the 103 in every area...more air, more ambience, more detail, more low end punch and overall, just more musical...

One other note, probably the toroidal power supply...the 205 gets quite a bit warmer than the 103.

I see that the Oppo website is still allowing you to put your name on the list for another production run.