Oppo exploring additional production of UDP 205

For a few days now, I have been searching for a new OPPO UDP 205.  I wanted to purchase an OPPO UDP 205 for some time, but never got around to it. I revisited the OPPO site today and went to the OPPO UDP 205 page. There, I saw a new line that allows registration for a potential production run. I registered. Anybody else interested? Let's make it so that OPPO can't refuse to make one more production run. I'd love to see a huge Audiogon push. Let us know if you are in. 
gpgr4blu

Showing 2 responses by cisgo

rvpiano,

I spoke with Oppo when the 205 were released about upgrading my 105. They advised me the 205 was a major video improvement over the 105. If I was upgrading for just for the audio, it would be a very minor noticeable difference. Not to mention losing the app menu. With that said, I still want to purchase a 205 if they release another batch this summer.
ricevs,

Maybe you know something that Oppo doesn't, not sure. However, I will disagree with you when you say the 105 is not good enough for a high end system. I was going to wait on the next gen in a few years, (305?) however that is no longer an option, so yes I will want the best player available (205), but I will not expect a "way, way" better audio experience over the 105.