Opinions on Yamaha CT 7000 Tuner

Hi, has anyone ever heard this tuner. I have people telling me, this is the greatest Tuner ever. It came out in the mid 70s. It was definitely expensive, it listed for 1250 back then. How does this tuner compare against the Sequerra, Revox, Onkyo 9090, Sansui TU 9900, Tandberg tuner, or any other top of the line tuner. Thanks
doug99

Showing 1 response by 4musica44107

The CT 7000 is certainly a great tuner. One of the best I have heard. I own one. I also own a Kenwood L-01T (my favorite), a Marantz 2130, a Uher EG 750, an Accuphase T-106, and a Myryad MT 100. In terms of overall musicality, the Kenwood is the clear winner for me. The Yamaha is a very close 2nd. The Marantz and Uher roughly tie for 3rd, barely ahead of the Accuphase. The Myryad trails at a distant 5th.

With the exception of the Myryad, I will never sell any of these tuners. But none of them disappoint! The Kenwood and Yamaha are very hard to come by. As Eyemac said, if you are interested in the Yamaha and get the opportunity, seize the moment! I actually prefer the Kenwood and even the Yamaha over the Marantz 10B!