One Amp To ‘Rule’ Them All....

Is there one amplifier that everyone can agree on as a contemporary standard? An amplifier that can be considered a standard in both the studio and in a home stereo setup?

What one amplifier does everything very well and can be found in homes and in professional audio engineering environments?

What amp covers all the bases and gives you a glimpse into all qualities of fine musical reproduction?

...something Yamaha? ...something McIntosh?

128x128brettmcee
"The notion of a one size fits all in any respect is more fantasy than honesty."    EXACTLY and why the OP would equally as well served, if searching Mordor, for that beloved, "One Ring to rule them all". 
One ________________ To ‘Rule’ Them All....

Fill-in the blank with a noun any noun -- a thread starter for every forum in existence. 

This question is the definition of moot, yet I and many others replied.  Sounds like the definition of irony; we must all have too much time on our hands.  

The better question:  Is there a noun, any noun (not just audio related) to be placed in the blank that we could all agree would "Rule" Them All? 
I just think we’ve got to be able to come up with some common ground and some reference standards....

We need ‘yard sticks’ for all the subjective experiences we are always batting about.

To make sure we are all talking about the same things and in the same proportions wouldn’t it be excellent to be able to point to a certain amp and say “amp A is a very good example of____________” (holographic imaging, correct scale, large scale, small scale, swing, musicality, tone, forward imaging, recessed imaging, layering, tempo/rhythm, etc...) 

Am I making sense?

Keith Johnson's Anniversary Amp was the best I've ever heard. I think the unmatched speed - rise times measured in nano seconds and settling times in microseconds, makes property set up Spectral amp without peer. I've heard them trounce more expensive, more powerful amps, which can't actually deliver power to the speakers before the music has moved on.
Post removed