Ok now I am frustrated with streaming

Help me out here please. I was really enjoying getting into streaming. Just purchased a Node 2i 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying it. Testing Tidal and Qobuz, leaning toward Qobuz. I was testing both wifi and ethernet connection. I seemed to pick up some noise and distortion on what I thought was the ethernet so I have been listening on wifi. I really enjoy finding new music on the streaming service. Tonight I was enjoying Sierra Hull because I listen to a lot of Alison Krauss. I was listening to Sierra Hull's new 25 Trips album and got to track 7 Escape and I heard a bunch of static/distortion, almost like a blown tube, except I have solid state equipment. I switched to Tidal to see if it was a problem with the Qobuz stream and same thing. Hooked up my MacBook pro to rule out a problem with the Node 2i, same thing. Now I am listening to Clapton's Unplugged and I hear the same thing. Is it my internet? I have a brand new modem, a Motorola MB7621, and a brand new Asus AC3100 router. I did a speed test and we are getting 237 mbps. My daughter was watching Netflix on a TV upstairs at the time, when she was finished I did a reboot of the cable modem and reboot of the Node 2i and then it was fine after that. I listened for about an hour after that. Is it my internet speed? Do I need to call Comcast/xfinity and up my speed package? Is it something else? Its getting frustrating and its not supposed to be like that, I am at the point where I may just send the Node back on the return policy and stick with CD's. 
128x128jmphotography
@andrewkelley no, I am just using the DAC in the Node right now. Eventually I plan on adding a DAC
“I’’m confident the technology will improve as time passes and your issue will be overcome.”

Streaming technology is already matured. It just a matter of making sure your Ethernet connectivity is up to snuff. As I pointed out in my earlier post, I have been enjoying streaming over 5 years without any fuss.

I own Bluesound Vault 2 and it’s a plug n play device and they provide great customer support to anyone who is not tech savvy.
Having proper ethernet connectivity is part of the streaming process. Currently, proper connectivity is not assured. The technology fails sporadically.

For example, I have dropouts streaming TV content from Spectrum. There is a fault in the system and the fault is not in my house. I choose not to rely on such a system for my music enjoyment -- I do not stream music.

I believe these issues will be resolved in time, just like my Windows software doesn’t crash like it used to.
Speed probably isn't the issue (it all depends on how much you are using the network/internet in your household, streaming music/movies/on demand stuff/YouTube, but to find out, run a network speed test and capture the ms it takes to ping as well as speed), its the quality of your connection. If you have a lot of packet drops, your data packet will have to be resent, and when this happens, the timing can be off or you will get dropouts. Next time it occurs, check your network stats and get your ISP to run a trace, catch it while you are having issues.
Once you get your network working on a consistent basis, look for a dac with a built in ethernet connection which can also be used as a Roon endpoint. You do this, you won't need your node2 any longer. Run Roon on a computer with all your ripped music and/or Qobuz/tidal access, and a network dac and you are done
Can we assume your Node 2i is plugged directly into the router with a good cat7 cable? Or, if you are going through a switch,  is it a good quality gigabyte switch and cat7 cables all the way?
I would play analog sources for a while to see if the problem returns, to rule out the preamp & amp. Also, upon hearing the issue when streaming, switch to a in-progress analog source quickly to see if the issue carries on or stops.
I have seen a few gigabyte switches do unexplainable, weird stuff...could try swapping out the router or switch.
Do you have a way to stream that doesn't involve the Node 2i? If you can stream from a phone or laptop via Bluetooth, USB or even a 3.5mm stereo cable...try some extended listening to see if it eventually deteriorates too. Try it with your Qobuz, Tidal and even Youtube...to eliminate the 2i's streaming functionality or to pin the issue on it.