NYC expo waldorf astoria april 13-15 2012

I searched in the forum for any threads relating to this event and am surprised no one has mentioned it.
Any announcements as too exhibitors, lectures or demos. I read sound by singer will be there, who is that???
Is that why no one is bothering to start a thread?
The list of exhibitors include mbl, woo, vas, wilson, sceana, audio note, burmester, chord, vpi, dartzeel, berning, kef, pass, sound smith, tad, tron, verity, walker, and ME I'll be there.
pedrillo
I am soooooooo glad I came to this show it was well worth it. It was good to see a big turn out so that we can keep this nyc show going.
I thought the best rooms were
MBL
sound smith
gradient helsinki
hansen
wilson
the clue
and harbeths at the gradient room.
I am sad to see few threads or replies on this events posts.
Also I hope they keep it at the waldorf its a classy place and that we don't have to wait years for the next show.
Anyone know if they plan on coming next year, I asked last year and they told me it was on for this year and voila they kept their promise.
Cross your fingers lets keep this alive.
Update: Good news, my new friend is still with me. Bad news, she is not interested in going to the show.. I should have seen that coming :)
No bikini, guys :(

Dear Mr. Tennnis,

Conrad Johnson will be there, in our room with Scaeana.

The Chester Group's website is still being updated, we recently added these manufacturers and new products to our rooms:

Triplanar tonearms,

The Merrill Willaims REAL Turntable

Lyra Phono Cartidges

Manley Chinook Phono Stage

Notthingham Analog

Esoteric DO2 DAC

AMR DAP 777 Dac

MSB Digital

Silver Circle Power Conditoners

to our list of KEF, Stillpoints, Running Springs Audio, Scanea, and Chord.

Audio Doctor is currently the only dealer with two rooms on the 18th floor Beekman and Lexington suites, we will be having a lot of show specials and a tremendous amount of really interesting gear on display, come see us at the show.

Dave Lalin, President, Audio Doctor
www.audiodoctor.com
Pedrillo, I just invited a new friend to the show, she has not decided yet. (I am from the area). Even given the little I know about her, I'd wager she'd very much do the Bikini. It could be the true test of who's a actual hard-core audiophile...
if they would rather hear the gear than look at her... she is really scary gorgeous!!
Of course the mandatory "please don't touch the equipment" sign would be accessorised!! HA
its more interesting who will not be there, assuming no additions to the list of exhibitors.

for example, conrad johnson, audio research, magnepan, quad, martin logan, roger sanders, among others supposedly will not be present. in addition several dealers will be there.

i think the most potentially interesting manufacturer may be bricasti, as its dac was highly favorably reviewed in stereophile. such a reviewe does not preclude a disappointment. also, the dac is ss, which may be disadvantageous.
You mean Andy is fully recovered.
Too bad on other's dime(manufacturers)
What could be a good idea to spark some interest in the expo is have some sort of contest like who can find a non-audiophile friend that is so inspired that when they hear the demos they buy a mega system. And the friend gets half off or 50% which ever is less.
Or whoever brings the hottest date dressed in a bikini gets a prize, good thing we are having summer weather it should make it easier too persuade the sparse attire.
All lame ideas but we need something only 88 people viewed this thread and its only 3 weeks away.
Interesting...those manufacturers on that list were almost all at Salon Son & Image the last few years, and aren't on the list for the Salon this year...guess it was just a matter of time before New York put on a show and killed the Salon...
Well if Andy is going, it must mean we are fully recovered from the recession. I will drop in for a day. Hoepfullly the rooms at the Waldorf will have better acoustics then the many glass boxes in the city. If VPI will be there it is a first. Hope Harry will attend.