Hello everybody,
I'm new to this forum and I am quite a newbie in hi-fi stereo!
Here's my story:
I had a ~3000$ (CAD) budget for my new (and first) stereo system.
I spent a good amount of that budget on new speakers: The Paradigm studio 100. Please don't bother telling me that I made a wrong move spending that much of my budget on speakers... I just fell in love with those speakers and couldn't resist buying them! I even tried the Totem Forest but I like the Paradigm's one better!

That being said, it leaves me with ~800$ ( lets say i can go a little bit over budget, maybe up to 1000$) for my amp and CD player.
Does anyone have any good suggestion?
I am quite aware that my budget is really limited.

I was maybe thinking about the cambridge 640 amp +cd combo...

I also have a turntable so a phono input would be nice!

Thanks for all your help!
elemay
Get a nice integrated amp, plenty of NADs on Audiogon to be had. Mate that to an Oppo 980 DVD/CD player and you'd have a killer ystem within your budget.

If you want to go very minimalist, just gat an NAD amp and connect the Oppo directly to it - the Oppo has its own volume control.

Either way, you'd havce a system that will rock your world for many years to come...

-RW-
Thanks for the quick response!

I was not thinking about hooking my stereo system to my TV. It would be more of an audio dedicated system.
Is a DVD/CD player still a good way to go?

I really like the idea of buying only a PowerAmp and connecting the DVD/CD player to it! ... I'll buy the PreAmp later on, but what about my turn table? Can I hook a turntable directly in a poweramp??

Thanks again.
I second the NAD for Paradigms. NADs are on the warm side while Paradigm is the cold one.
Post removed