New Yggdrasil - First (and second) Impressions

Okay, so I’ve finally (on order over 2 months) received my Schiit Yggdrasil. The unit arrived in exactly perfect condition (i.e. well packaged).

Upon first (and second) listening through all sources/inputs, I would need a stethoscope to discern any difference among my current components and connectivity. I also cannot detect any difference using the phase inversion button.

I suppose the aforementioned is a testament to how good my current system (before/without Yggy) already sounds. :)

I can easily A-B test because the Yggy is hooked in via balanced and my other components are also hooked directly to amp via RCA or USB.

Also, obviously I have NOT let the unit "burn in" for days because I just got it, however, it has come to full operational temperature after being powered on continuously over 24 hours.

System configuration: (Yggdrasil > XLR > Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amplifier > Golden Ear Triton Reference speakers )
all cables blue jeans cables "best" offering

Emotiva ERC-3 CD player > AES/EBU > Yggdrasil
Oppo UDP-205 blue ray player > coax > Yggdrasil
Samsung SMT-C5320 cable box > optical > Yggdrasil
Gateway NV79 Windows 10 64-bit computer > USB > Yggdrasil

I’ll be patient, but if there are any suggestions to "try" in order to hear *some* audible difference, that would be great. Appreciate any feedback you have.

Thanks.
128x128gdhal
It is the pinnacle of irony that George, whom has spent so much time and energy ridiculing those that steadfastly insist that they hear discernable, and even profound, differences with boutique fuses is now in the exact opposite place trying to defend the sonic superiority of his favorite DAC vs the Oppo. He knows with absolute certainty that the Yggdrasil makes a big improvement to his ears and in his system but experiences total futility in convincing someone that claims they cannot hear the same. It is so easy to hear; how can they not hear it??? Frustrating, ain’t it George?

The fact is that there is no way to understand these different/contrary perceptions produced in completely unfamiliar rooms with completely unfamiliar gear pairings on a web forum, let alone convince anyone of anything that they are skeptical toward. Why don’t we just stop trying?

No ridicule or offense intended toward you gdhal, or to George either for that matter.

Dave

You guys need to listen to the new discrete R2R Multibit flagship converters from the like of Total Dac, MSB and such, converting PCM 24/96 then listen to the same from whatever the best is from ESS.

I remember a lengthy PR video by designer and CEO ESS’s Martin Mallison in where he states somewhere through it, that they have finally bought Delta Sigma conversion close to the performance of the last of the Burr Brown PCM1704 multibit chip. Sad that 1704 was stopped being made because of the cost of the manufacturing process.

But now the likes of Total Dac, MSB and quite a few others have taken R2R Multibit far ahead of that last manufactured PCM1704.
You got to ask yourself why are they bothering with discrete when a $10 ESS Sabre is as good??

Cheers George
@georgehifi 

So, are you able to recommend a musical or sound passage - that can be downloaded freely in lossless format via the Internet - and indicate the time index (from-to) and specific nuance to listen to, in order to unequivocally state that multi-bit sounds better - as in readily audible - than delta sigma, or an Oppo UDP-205 specifically?
that can be downloaded freely in lossless format via the Internet
I don't do downloads, I find them inferior with every a/b we've done at our audio society meetings, maybe it's the hardware or the downloads themselves?? But it's enough to put me off them.

Cheers George