New, Very Interesting CD Transport

On John Darko's website today we learn of the brand new Shanling ET3 CD Transport. And for $729 USD it looks really capable. Top loading with Philips SAA7824 drive. AES/EBU, coaxial, TOSLINK and I2S digital outputs. Plus Wifi and Bluetooth. USB to connect to a external HD and built in upsampling, too. It even will output digital to USB for connection to a DAC but not with upsampling.

Here's the skinny:

https://darko.audio/2023/06/shanlings-et3-cd-transport-comes-with-two-twists/

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcreativepart

While the debate goes on about the sound quality of a basic dvd/cd player against a much more expensive unit like a Shanling, Esoteric or Jay’s Transport I would like to clear up a different misconception. China has many factories, audio companies and engineers. Like all places, there are cheaply made components and ones of high quality. There are companies in China making top level gear. So no, not everything that comes out of China is junk. That’s just a stupid and ignorant misunderstanding or misconception.

Keep going.  This is a target rich environment, material for my doctoral dissertation: "Dysphoric Rumination and Invective Approaches Practiced by Passionate Disillusioned Hobbyists".

Oh, my beeper just went off, it's time for my Haldol.

I also have the Pro-ject transport and compared it to other players. It's really good.

I think @jasonbourne71 is either a troll (well, actually he is) or he has ears made out of the same plastic as his cheapo cd transport.

I already have on hand a Denon, a JVC and two Sony's (DVD and Blue Ray) players for use as transports. After an Agon member recommended the HD841 I went looking for one on eBay. I expect it will do fine!

Will a CD drive from a 1999 Compaq Presario desktop pc serve as a good transport homie????? It's all "1s & 0s" after all, yes????????????