New TT or upgrade cartridge/platter on Project DC

Quick backstory: I purchased a Pro-ject Debut Carbon with 2M red cartridge around Thanksgiving to start my vinyl journey. I didn’t want to go overboard to start as I was unsure of my interest level. I’ve been strictly digital prior  playing MQA files through a Bluesound Node 2. Since then I’ve quickly accumulated over a 150 records mixed of my favorites and a large stack or original 70’s pressing who my father passed down which I had no idea where hidden away all these years (I’m 34). 
I’ve fallen in love with Vinyl since and I’m at the point where I know there is so much more to be had to improve my listening experience. I’m very happy with my entry level audiophile system and am looking for some recommendations on where to go from here on my TT? 
My system for reference:
McIntosh MA5200 integrated
McIntosh MR-65B tuner
Pro-Ject Debut Carbon tt
Bluesound Node2 digital 
Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 speakers
Nordost Blue Heaven Power Cord/Speaker Cable/interconnects
Do I upgrade to the acrylic platter and move up the 2m chain Blue or Bronze (would be $4-600 for cartridge/platter alone)? 
Do I just sell my Debut Carbon, save the $ on the cartridge/platter and upgrade my turntable? 
I would like to here suggestions and ideas, let’s go with a budget of $1,500 for conversation. I really prefer going the pre-owned route as I’ve been able to find some really great deals on here over the years on almost all of my equipment. 
128x128aasteven111

Showing 1 response by bob540

I’ve just recently gotten into higher-end equipment and wasn’t sure if I would have much interest in listening to vinyl again.  But after reading the lofty assessments of people here who claimed that vinyl has been the best source of their listening pleasure, I bought a Denon DP-300f with a 2M Red, which costs less than your Pro-Ject and I am guessing doesn’t sound as good as your TT.  I had my old records and I inherited (were left behind) others, and I am in the process of cleaning them (almost finished, thankfully).  The condition of the records varies — some sound very nice, others are slightly noisy, and some are don’t-play-that-again (fortunately, my TT also came with a lesser-quality Denon cart which I am using to sample these records and save wear on the Ortofon).  

For now, Im satisfied with what I have.  I still don’t intend to listen to records a lot, as I find the whole thing a bit fiddly.  Digital is so much easier, and quiet.  New records today, especially the audiophile variety, are pricey — seen some costing $50 to $100 (!) — and they take up space to store.  I could see spending such money on a few to-die-for pressings, but overall I would rather just listen to digital.  To each their own. My next moves will be to try a better room arrangement and perhaps some room treatments.  I enjoy the sound of a nice stereo set-up but I have to balance the expense of that with other things I enjoy.  Good luck in your decisions.