New Music Recommendations 2012

We have a wealth of musical wisdom here and it seems many enjoy having an ongoing thread were we can share new music finds with the rest of the forum. Here we go!

If you're enthusiastic about a new album you've picked up feel free to tell us about it. Post, discuss, inform....but be civil:)

No genre limitations, anything goes as we have all sorts of interests here. Classical, Jazz, Indie, Folk, Rap, R&B, Blues, Techno, Ambient, Modern Classical and on and on....post em all..

Let the music play.......
richard_stacy
through the graces of my new true love, MOG, i went on a manic new release binge. my comments thus far:
bob mould, silver age. the ever-intense one is back to rocking really hard--this sounds like his classic 90s stuff with sugar. never known for a rich sonic palette, he pretty much sticks to his basic angsty barrage. which is a damn good thing.
animal collective, centipede. apparently a big critic's band--they won the pazz and jop poll a couple of years ago. they do that beach boys-meet pink floyd thing that seemingly every other indie band is doing. they're pretty good at it,too--exploratory and psychedelic--but after awhile you can't help but notice that they don't actually have any songs.
cat power, sun. another much-hyped tortured artist type. for some odd reason i keep buying her records, although she doesn't rock, isn't very tuneful and doesn't sound very interesting.
Cat Power's "Sun" arrived today. First spin is very positive...an extremely well recorded album.
Scars on 45 is my favorite new release this year. Great songs that make use of two really good singers, one male and one female. The woman, Aimee Driver, has a beautiful voice with a haunting quality to it. I guess they'd be considered Indie.
Alt-J: An Awesome Wave (LP...UK import).

It's been stuck on my turntable for a couple of months now.
Someone is another thread mentioned Casandra Wilson's new release, "Another Country". Give it a listen.