Need some suggestions for a desktop amp.

I'm in need of some ideas/suggestions for a desktop amp. built in DAC would be a plus but not necessary. I used to have a Naim Untitqute driving my Harbeth P3ESR's which are very nearfield. My issue with the Naim is the large form factor which takes up a lot of space on my desk. Although the sound and functionality was great with the built in DAC and all.

The issue is, most amps with a smaller form factor made for desks are Headphone amps and not speaker amps. 

I tried a little Chinese amp but the ChiFi amp I ordered wouldn't work hooked up via USB to my iMac like it was adverstied to. So back it went.

I considered buying some Active Speakers but have never had any experience with them so not sure what direction to go. I love my little Harbeths so would like to keep them but I'm open to making a change if need be.

I'm close to pulling the trigger on a Nuprime IDA-8. However, I wanted to get others opinions first.

Thank you for your thoughts.

128x128jb505

I picked up a used Vitus SIA 025, a bit big, but still fits my desk. Incredible find. 

I thank everyone for the suggestions. I went a little different direction.
I just purchased some used Quad 9L active speakers to plug into my computer so no amp needed. It will clear up the needed space and save some money in the long run.

Although, I’m going to keep the Harbeths until I get the Quads and give them a go. I may circle back to the amp idea if I don’t care for the Quad actives.

Amp idea if Quads don’t sing to me:

IOS class D or Buckeye amp + SMSL SU-9 dac

I pulled a bonehead move and noticed that I don’t think I can connect my REL sub to the active Quad speakers. I had already confirmed the purchase and sent the money so they’re mine.

I have a few of these stories where I pulled the premature trigger and wound up turning the items around for sale again. Oh well, at least I’m not talking Boulder amps or some really high priced equipment.

So I put my bias aside and also purchased a PS Audio Sprout after a couple of recommendations from this thread. I’ll give both a try and see which ones a like better but I think the sub is really gonna be a must for me.

it probably won’t be the last “oops” purchase I’ll make but quite possibly it will be a happy accident.

@jb505 

Congratulations on both purchases.  Keep us updated once you've had time with the Sprout & Quads.

Bob