Nakamichi CR3A Cassette Deck

It is time to downsize. All the children are gone to college. I have too much old HiFi gear including a Nakamichi CR3A. I am original owner and have the box and the manual. It plays nicely - briefly. So it needs some work. Where should I send it? Are buyers for these machines.

I also have a 120+ collection of cassettes recorded off quality systems. (Quad 44 pre, Linn Sondek LP12 or Rega Planar 3 with quality cartridges.) The cassettes Maxell or TDK and upper end tape. What do I do with those?

Thanks for any feedback.
128x128jmwsnc
You're lucky! Nakamichi is a still very big name in cassette decks. Your CR3A is too far down in the line to be a big draw. If you don't plan to keep the deck and cassettes, I suggest you sell them together. 

I had more than 2000 cassettes, and three cassette decks ((ZX-9, RX-505, CR-7A). Since we were moving, my wife insisted that I sell some of my collection. While I now regret selling anything, I sold the ZX-9, with 2000 cassettes and box sets, for $2300. Willy Hermann had tuned up the ZX-9, many of the 60's and 70's cassettes were mint, and I probably sold the lot at less than it would have been worth to the "perfect" buyer if I had been willing to wait. I wasn't.

So, how much is it worth? I don't really know. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it, I guess. You can find Nakamichi CR3As for sale on eBay and that should give you some idea. I was lucky to have an owner of a used record store buy my stuff. But again, IMO, selling the deck and cassettes together is your best bet.
Keep your Nak and your cassettes.

I kept my Nak deck. I record some of my LP's onto cassette and play them in the car. Analog sounds great on a good car system.

Frank
Thank you for the responses. It is not that I want to sell any of my prize possessions, but it is going to happen. I did locate a local shop to tune up the deck and hopefully we will not spend too much on the effort. Also selling a beautiful Quad 44 preamp, and most likely a NAD tuner preamp. Maybe some Monitor Audio speakers. Bummer but so be it. More to come!