multichannel amplifier for B&W 805 S

Hi
I have a pair of B&W 805S speakers and would like to buy a multichannel pre/amp for them. I would like to build a home theater system later by including more speakers.
Can you please suggest a suitable equipment. My budget is 2,500$ for the amp( including second hand,demo,etc equipment).I donot want to compromise on the music quality.

Thanks
Bob
babbu9
Post removed 
For that price, you can purchase a new Rotel RSP-1068 processor and Rotel RMB-1075 5-channel amp. The amp is 5 x 120 Watts. I currently run this exact setup with 805S and HTM4S and the sound quality is excellent.
Hi Bob,
I have used both Parasound Halo B-52 and Edge G A/V (500W/5) with my 802D, HTM2D & 805N 5.1 system. Both work very well for theater and music. The Halo B-52 (125Wx5)may be a little under power, depending on your eventual choice of speakers for the front channels. However, a second hand/ demo Parasound Halo A-51(250WX5)should be within your budget and may be your best choice. The Absolute Sound Jan 2007 Issue 168 just did a review on the Halo A21, the two channel version. Enjoy the journey and more so the music!
Bill
Thank you for the response. I have done some research and have narrowed down to Bryston 9b sst (used) or Arcam 350. These seem to be the best of the breed. Arcam seems to outperform Rotel/NAD and the like.

What are your opinions on this?

Thanks
Bob
Post removed 
If you can find a Cal Audio MCA 2500, it is great with the 805's. I ran that exact set up previously and even in a bright room it was fantastic. The Cal is a beast though, be sure you have adequate space.
I agree with Jmpwme. I have a complete CAL 2500 setup and the amp is a beast once you have a dedicate 20amp circuit for it. My setup is 804N(F) HTM1(C) and 805N(R). For the price, I think it's totally a steal for MCA2500 at $2500 used. It litterly will drive anything. To give you an idea, i've owned Bryston 4BST, 7BST, Citation 7.1, Adcom, Sunfire and Krell and nothing comes close to the MCA2500.

QN
I too run the B&W speakers, currently running the 600 series, but also listened with a friends 802S.

I went with a receiver vs. separates, but one that is upgradeable to separates, the B&K 506 S2. LP $3,500 is, used about $2,200-$2,500.

Previously ran Rotel and also Denon, but always had to use a separate amp for the mains (for music listening) to get close to what I wanted. I actually ran tubes in this situation. Now with the B&K I am only using tubes for my second zone.

I went with the B&K for music listening, but got a decent bump from the HT side to boot.
Battu

I'm running the ARcam 350 on 803S, HTM3S and CRMS and it's a killer musical combination, in some ways a giant beating combination with great inner detailing and musicality. Do I wish for more power, yes, but you could spend a lot more money for less quality sound. I do like the theory that Brit gear works well with it's ilk!
Babbu,
I would take Bryston over the Arcam anyday. Bryston amps are quite a good match with the 805S and will offer more power and grunt compared to the softer-sounding Arcam. Later you might want to add the matching SP1/2 processor and you have a great system that is equally at home with music and movies.

I can see some are happy with their ARcam driving B&W's, so it all boils down to personal preference in the end.
Question: With primary emphais on music, is it best to run the 805s with: 1)Arcam 350 2) used Classe CA 200 - 2 channel or 3) new rotel amps (bi-amped).

Differing price point for sure, but I plan to build over time.