miniDSP with separates or Arcam SA30 or NAD C658 plus beefy power amp?

I'm new to this and would like to incrementally start a separates system initially on top of my Yamaha A2080 AVR with combined music movies system.

My goal is to enter hi-fi territory for 2 channel music and get Dirac into my system.

miniDSP opens up lots of component options but is it too much trouble when I can just get something like the C658 or Arcam SA30 when it comes out this fall?

Right now my system is KEF R3 L/R, Dual Rythmik F12SE's, and a Yamaha A2080 AVR.  Running Tidal Hi-Fi and occasionally some hi-res FLAC from a USB stick.

Thx :-)

128x128ataraxia
I'm running the 658 into a Wyred For Sound St500 MkII. Couldn't be happier. I can recommend the 658 without reservation.
I have a minidsp 4x10 HD in my system.

A minidsp is a great device that is completely quiet and as far as I can tell with no audible degradation. It will give you a much greater array of ways to improve your system's sound than you will ever get from room corection in an integrated device. Having the ability to tweak a midrange band by +2 db or to null out a peak will make a much bigger difference in performance than the pretty well inaudible effects of another A/D D/A step.
@auxinput:

Concerning the P429 amp, it is never a good idea to buy a multi-channel amp just to bridge it... 

Thanks for the insight.  The reason I thought the P249 would be best is because it is also Arcam for pre-power sensitivity matching purposes, and it's the only one I see other than the other multi channel HT amp they have.  The P429 is intended for HT also. I'm not sure why they don't have a current 2-channel oriented amp for critical listening.  Does that mean they don;t think you need more thsn the 90 watts the SA20 has?  Or the 120 watts the SA30 is suppose to have?  I'm not against matching it with another manufacturers power amp.  The reason for more power is in my limited reasearch I've tentatively decided it proabably does help (especially with my KEF R3's which dip to 3.2 ohms at about 70 and 110 hz) to bring ou the best in clarity and transients with a solid amount of current available and the headroom a better amp could provide. 

I'm hoping you realize the Arcam is an integrated amp, so you don't necessarily need an external power amp for it.
I know.  I'm just a little hung up on getting more power and current from my reasoning above.  I'll run it without the external amp initially anyway.  The other reason for the outboard amp is I'm trying to upgrade my electronics for a future speaker upgrade to something in the KEF R1 range.

Another thing to be aware - the HT bypass modes will typically bypass ALL PROCESSING in the preamp/integrated, including any Dirac room correction.
Understood.  Although I'd like Dirac in my HT, I'm mainly wanting to implement it into my 2 channel listening system.  Actually, I'm kicking around the idea of just getting an Arcam AVR (or NAD AVR) with Dirac to keep everything simple but *most* of what I read opines a good integrated will perform better than a top line AVR for 2 channel listening.  In an ideal situation I'd separate my 2 channel and HT systems.    
@donst100

I'm running the 658 into a Wyred For Sound St500 MkII. Couldn't be happier. I can recommend the 658 without reservation.

Thanks!  I've been reading the C658 owners thread and people are just getting Dirac running after the recent release of it and they are liking the results. I'm still leaning Arcam but... Not completely sure yet.  I like the idea of the flexibility of choosing a big outboard amp to the C658.  :)
@phomchick

I have a minidsp 4x10 HD in my system.A minidsp is a great device that is completely quiet and as far as I can tell with no audible degradation. It will give you a much greater array of ways to improve your system's sound than you will ever get from room corection in an integrated device. Having the ability to tweak a midrange band by +2 db or to null out a peak will make a much bigger difference in performance than the pretty well inaudible effects of another A/D D/A step
Thanks.  The miniDSP option is still on my radar.  I actually just got a UMIK-1 and am starting to learn REW for preparation to understand how to implement Dirac when I do get it...