Metrum Dac owners

Hi,

Recently purchased an Onyx, which is a very impressive dac.  I'm just wondering if you guys use any USB to SPDIF devices like the Schiit EITR or USB regenators, and do they make any difference?

Thanks.
nitewulf
New Metrum Acoustics forum: https://www.metrumacoustics.com/community and they have announced their Ambre Roon endpoint too.
@nitewulf , @roncagg 

Curious guys, what power cords and digital cords are you using with your Metrum DACs?
BTW, I am using a Sonore UltraRendu with my Onyx. Its working out really well for me so far. It will be powered via an Uptone LPS 1.2 as soon as I get mine.
I have hooked up the UpTone regen between the SOtM and the Onyx and it improves the renderer’s sq, especially in the bass. I use a curious USB cable, AudioQuest’s Columbia XLR interconnects to my preamp, and a shunyata black mamba power cord into the Onyx (haven’t tried others but I had it so I’m using it). Would like to try the Ambre and I2S sometime!
I am using a DIY power cable and silver interconnects (VH Audio recipe) that I made a while back and a generic USB cable. Honestly not much of a cable believer, a generic 20 feet $15 cable from the phono stage to the tube integrated sounds fantastic so I am not sure about cables at all.

But I am planning to buy a Uptone ISO-gen to link from the PC to the DAC, I can see value in that, being an EE myself. Audible, may be not, but it's solid engineering.