Mcintosh MC2500 VS MC352

Hi guys, other than the obvious differences of power, age and newer technology, what are some other important factors to consider if I was to go with the MC2500 as opposed to the MC352? What is the worst case scenario with the 2500 and would it be costly to repair? It was in production from 1980-1990 I believe and I suspect it is early 80's. I don't think music preferences matter but if it does, I listen to pretty much everything. Classical to hard rock and everything in between. Thank you very much for any advise !!!
nuguy

Showing 1 response by jake01

I've owned both, liked both, and both are great amps, but the 2500 is just to much amp for the 352 to compete with in all area's which is why I still own the 2500. Wait till you hook up to a pair of inefficient speakers it won't take you long to figure out which amp you want and the fact you get 500 MC watts for less money helps to. Remember the 2500 was once one of MC's flag ship amps 352 never was and as far as build quality is concerned most Tech's tell me that peaked in the 80's. As far as transparent is concerned I agree with Bigjoe because to me it means where's the rest!