Maggie owners (past, present, future) what do (did) you love and or dislike about them?

I've always owned dynamic speakers, but I'm ready for something different. I remember about 15 years ago auditioning a pair of Maggie's at a small shop on the Plaza. Don't remember the model but I was astounded by the clarity. Couldn't afford them then, had 2 kids in college. Presently own a pair of Monitor Audio Gold 300's and they're very good speakers, but I've been reminiscing about the clarity of those Maggie's and I want a pair of the 3.7i's. Those of you who have experience with Maggie's let me know your love (hate) relationship with them. My room is 17 x 15 with a sloping ceiling up to 10 feet. Is that enough room for the 3.7i's to perform at their best?
mewsickbuff

Showing 2 responses by jazzman463

Have owned several pairs.MG 1's , MG2's and 2-b's. When you get them right they are great. I looked at the .7 and 1.7's last year but  I am in a small room now, 13 x 12 and low power ( Manley Stingray ) so they are a no go. I have moved on to OB for a just as an " intriguing " sound. Check out Spatial Audio Labs. OB's stopped my Maggie obsession.

Hey Mewsickbuff,

My first OB's were Emerald Physics CS 3's   ( Clayton Shaw design) and loved them in that small room. The down point with them was the separate equalizer/crossover prevented me from using my Manley Stingray for power. After much research ( lots on line ) I ordered a pair of Spatial M5 Sapphires. Still have not received... I trust Claytons design , check out his past work. Call him , cool to talk about his work. I find OB's to be like loud Maggies with great bass. I do believe they even have better imaging. They truly put the musicians in the room. Have fun with your journey, I have been on mine since 1973 .