Luxman 590AX II Break-In

Hello all, and happy holidays,

To those with experience, how many hours of a break-in are necessary to make the Luxman sing? I have about 175 hours, and my bass is less than stellar. Also, there is not a luscious midrange (yet). I have read epic reviews but have not experienced that thus far. What should I expect over time? Getting a little worried!

Thanks!

128x128jeffreyw

My Luxman 590 took about 500 hours BUT a few tips….PLUG IT DIRECTLY INTO A WALL SOCKET! It hates any power strips or conditioners. You also need a bigger power power cable for it like a Kubla Sosna Elation! Mine was $2500 at GTT Audio. 
I tried 5 power cables on mine from Shunyata Delta and Alpha and Voodoo, DH Labs Red River, the crappy stock cable and an Ansuz D that was about 8-9k! 
The Kubala Sosna had the best synergy full stop!

The bass is lean, defined, layered, detailed and taut as opposed to loose or full. To me it's quality bass. 

@ryder I agree. A loose and full bass can sound as there is more bass but it’s not quality bass.

I don’t have luxman, but have some experience with a class a Japanese amp and speaker interaction.  I purchased an esoteric class a amp 30 wpc, combined with Fyne 702 speakers.  It was combined deal with a trade in allowance for my Paradigm speakers and assorted electronics.  The amplifier was immediately available, and the speakers would take 6 months.   Though the Fynes and the paradigms and Fynes had the same efficiency and resistance.  The esoteric/paradigm combination was so bass shy it was unlistenable.  Shattered my concept that a solid state amp of more than 15 watts should drive any speaker.   I suspect the small bass drivers were the culprit and put my nad 80wpc back in until my Fynes finished its ocean crossing.  Had heard luxman driving MAGICO speakers at the Tampa hi fi show and was quite impressed.  Hearing them driving the kef blade was quite flat and uninvolving . Bottom line is that any breakin of your amp was done during final qc at the factory   Since you like the concentric driver concept, give Fyne and Tannoy a listen, or a highly efficient horn type 

Any component, signal running thru it is what counts. Not just keeping it on. At least 200hrs has been my experience with new components and between 24-72 hours with used.