Looking to replace my old Meridian 508.24

In the process of downsizing speakers (going to the Avalon Ascendants from the Thiel 6s) and replacing/upgrading my cd player. My other equipment are the Sonic Frontier Power 3 monoblocks and a conrad johsnson pre-amp.

I currently have an old Meridian 508.24 and am looking for something to replace it is definitely on its last legs.
dkonstruction

Showing 1 response by mulveling

I used to own a G08 (original; not the v2). Dumped digital altogether for a while (went all-in down the path of high-end vinyl playback) and now finally got back into it with a NAD M51 DAC -- which I feel is easily superior to the sound I was getting from the G08, and I liked the G08 at the time I had it. The M51 is not warm; it's neutral and detailed but very very smooth which reminds me of my analog setup. The G08 couldn't quite hang with my analog setup, though its sound was tolerable. The M51 isn't quite there either, but it's easily good enough to be downright enjoyable.

You can pair it with a decent transport of your choice and have room to spare for $3K.