Looking for vintage system suggestions (maranta, klipsch, etc...)

Hi!

I am new here, and am looking to purchase my first ever home stereo! I am VERY new to this world, so please forgive my ignorance about everything!

I do know that I want a vintage stereo, whose primary purpose is to play vinyl. I love the aesthetics, sound, and mojo of a vintage system.....and stylistically it works with my house. I am just about settled on finding a vintage Marantz 2270 or 2275. I see there are many on eBay, etc. Can anybody recommend an upgraded/restored unit for me to look at?

Speakers. I am looking at floorstanding speakers. I love the LOOK of vintage speakers, and am considering something vintage from Klipsch. Primarily looking at Heresy or Forte. Would these work well with a 2270 or 2275? Are there other, better choices that also have that mid century modern look? Or am I better of spending the big bucks for something new with vintage aesthetics (new Klipsch, etc.)

Turn Tables. I’d like vintage, but want to start with something simple. Plus, I think i will have spent the majority of my budget on the receiver and speakers. Looking at U Turn Audio tables....may upgrade in the future. Any thoughts? Better choices? Is vintage better?

I will most be listening to folk, jazz, classic rock, etc....nothing too heavy!

My budget is about $2500....a tiny bit of flexibilty, but want to keep it in that range...

Thanks in advance!
rawchuck

I would look here for people with a history of multiple sales of restored electronics.   Audio Classics in NY state near the McIntosh factory actually but not related sells Macs Marantz etc. 

Speakers can be more widely sourced look here and places like Audio Asylum Trader and many other venues.

No connection or interest in any site I mentioned.

except.

I have a pair of LaScalas I could do without.

I think a nicely restored vintage receiver would serve you well.

That being said, you might consider a new or lightly used Yamaha integrated amp. Their new integrateds retain much of the tonal qualities of their classic 70s models, and are no slouches by modern standards. They also retain much of the retro styling. A lightly used Yamaha A-S1000 in silver would pair nicely with the Heresys and you can find them for under $1k. I paired my Heresys with an A-S500 for a while, a nice combo.

On another note, a decent tube amp really elevates the Heresys to another level. This results in a visceral, enveloping experience IMO. Something like the Cayin A50T would really make them sing. There’s one currently for sale here for $650. Don’t worry about the power specs. I drive my Heresys with 20 tube watts in a large room.
Yes, I agree with Helomech. I was going to mention Cayin or Prima Luna. Either one would make the Heresys sing. I have the A-88T .

Hi rawchuck, I own Marantz 2275, pioneer sx-650, pioneer sx-1250, Kenwood kr-9600, several pairs of speaker's,  one pair is the klipsch km-6,  These speaker's have 2 10" woofer's and a horn,  These speaker's sound better than in opinion,  any Hershey model's,  I'm not sure  what sound you are after,  however, the Kenwood kr-9600 bettered the other receivers by a large margin with these attributes,  speed, dynamic slam, bass, mid-range,  sound stage,  tone, useing the klipsch km-6 speaker's, cheers,  and good luck 😀
I have 3 vintage reoeivers. A Marantz 2252B, Sansui Model 8 and Luxman 1050-R. For sound quality alone the Luxman and Sansui sound best to my ears. The Marantz don't get me wrong sounds very good but the other 2 just sound better to my ears. You can't go wrong with the Marantz regardless. It definitely looks the best :)